Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign G Ludovic Waeber from ZSC Lions to 1-year deal

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Wonder if this is also a signing for the #3 goalie in case Lyon gets an offer they don't want to match.
although, outside of that end of year run, he has looked like a #3 goalie.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
As i write in the offseason Thread, that signing is already and Insurance signing for Knight not able to play his Game and Back Up Bob. And Lyon might go a different direction or back into AHL.

I care about any signing, after today there is another Day and so goes Life on. And the Situation is still unclear, you dont see him laughing while he is with the Boys.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He's better than Genoni or Mayer so he probably should have made the WC roster. Decent NL goalie, together with Connor Hughes sort of the next best goalie with a Swiss passport behind Joren van Pottelberghe and Akira Schmid.

I doubt he's NHL material though. The lone Swiss goalie good enough to play NHL right now (besides Schmid who did already) is van Pottelberghe.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
As i write in the offseason Thread, that signing is already and Insurance signing for Knight not able to play his Game and Back Up Bob. And Lyon might go a different direction or back into AHL.
Best scenario could be that he'd a new Niklas Bäckström who at the age of 28 went from Kärpät to Minnesota and became the starter. Worst scenario is that he is like Säteri or Olkinuora and goes back to Europe after one season. Something middle could be a solid 2nd/3rd goalie. He probably needs some time to get used to smaller rink but could be useful later next season when injuries have taken place.

I think that Lyon signs somewhere else because he showed some potential and Waeber will replace him. Of course it is also like you mentioned with Knight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad