Signing(s): Panthers sign Eric Reid

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
You will now be distracted into being unable to do football

With the rumors that Kaepernick had interest from a team recentlyish, and with the Panthers' still having Taylor Heinicke as their backup, I wonder if things have indeed changed this much from Richardson to Tepper. Wouldn't be surprising if they kicked the tires after the shot Cam took against Atlanta.

Reactions: SnS

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The Panthers' safeties before this and after Searcy's injury were

Mike Adams - 37, no vertical
Colin Jones - Good special teamer, worst starting safety in the league after Chris Conte's injury
Rashaan Gaulden - Hybrid DB who is still raw and learning how to play safety

They had a huge need too

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
oh boy can't wait to see all the usual suspects come in here and throw a fit over this

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
This is great. Very happy with the signing. Hopefully he can get up to speed ASAP. Either way it'll be better than watching Colin Jones.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Reid can do everything well. In that division, his ability to match up against tight ends in man to man is huge.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I was wondering what was taking so damn long.

I can understand why teams wouldn't want to sign Kaep, but Eric Reid is a solid player. There is zero reason as to why he didn't get an offer thrown his way during the offseason/camp.

Big upgrade for the Panthers anyway.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Saw a tweet that SEA spoke to him as well, but couldn't agree on a salary. Considering what he signed for, I wonder how...

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

This is about half on the field stuff, half off the field stuff. He's wearing an I'm With Kaep shirt here and it seems like the team is going to give him some freedom to be who he is, which is encouraging to see. Also said the Panthers made a better offer than the Niners did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad