Not open for further replies.

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
Thought I'd fire up a PGT!

Some random news from Twitter:
  • Steeg wasn't on the trip to Ottawa.
  • Kovalev apparently isn't really a fanfavourite in Ottawa, won't talk to the Ottawa media before the game is over. Hopefully he can have a great night tonight and make the Ottawa fans a bit more pissed :nod:
  • Kulikov and perhaps Weaver ready for action tonight according to George Richards

Will be a tough game tonight, as always against the Sens. We have a really bad overall record against them. But this is a new year and some new oppurtinities so let's hope the Panthers can win it tonight!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
A few thoughts about the Sens.

Last year, I believe they had our number in the season series. I remember one good shellacking we took from them in our house. They can score every which way. A really well-rounded team with a lot of solid youth. Spezza, Karlsson and especially Alfredsson are the key players for the Sens against us. Alfie is the definition of a Panther-killer.

I would like to be optimistic coming off a great home-start, but we always seem to have trouble in Scotiabank Place. We still have three key guys out, Steeger, Goc and Bergenheim. Our 1st-line looked pretty out of sync against the canes. Santorelli just can't fill Steeger's shoes. Then, Goc and Bergy will eventually fill out another solid scoring line. I hate to rely on our 2nd-line, but going into this one, we have no choice. I have a feeling most of us have pretty high expectations for the 2nd-line after what we witnessed on Saturday.

And shots!

The shots we gave up against the canes.. oh my. We MUST keep that number down. The Sens came out pretty flat against Winnipeg. But, as soon as they started firing pucks on Pavelec they started scoring and didn't stop. Came back from 0-1 and won 4-1 on the road in Winnipeg.

I hope Kulikov is ready and over his "jetlag". Can't have any passengers tonight.

Last edited:

Holy Jokinen

Mar 4, 2007
Tampa

• Kovalev apparently isn't really a fanfavourite in Ottawa, won't talk to the Ottawa media before the game is over. Hopefully he can have a great night tonight and make the Ottawa fans a bit more pissed :nod:
  • Kulikov and perhaps Weaver ready for action tonight according to George Richards

Will be a tough game tonight, as always against the Sens. We have a really bad overall record against them. But this is a new year and some new oppurtinities so let's hope the Panthers can win it tonight!

Just wanted to add that Upshall is replacing Santo on the top line. Santo moving to the third line with Matthias and Kopecky. So that little experiment ended pretty quickly...

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Good to see Upshall on the top line for tonight. Just a much better hockey player than Santorelli.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Looking forward to the game tonight. This game should be a good test for the Panthers. Ottawa won 3 of the 4 games last year and have some good scorers.

Let's get the two points to show the rest if the East that last year was not a fluke!

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Part of me would be happy with a point out of this one. For some reason, we rarely do well in Ottawa. The same play from Saturday night needs to happen again. With Kulikov and Weaver back, hopefully the defense can lessen the number of shots against. Theodore isn't going to play lights out and save them every night.

On a side note, how good does it feel waking up on a Monday when you have to go to work knowing that there's a Panthers game tonight :nod:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What exactly happened to Versteeg? I know its groin related but is it an old renagging injury or did he fall awkwardly? Is he day-to-day?

This will be a good test for us on the road, BOTH top lines have come out with speed and tons of shots against our former back-up in Anderson. I'll take a gritty garbage goal fom our 3rd or 4th line if need be. Strong physical play is needed and to be hard on the puck to create possible power play opportunities. Our PP was amazing to watch Saturday and I feel our penalty kill was strong on Saturday but no reason for us to take silly penalties. Except if Parros wants to dust off the mits and let some knuckles fly :D

If Theo can play like he did Monday, our defense reduces shots against and our 1st and 2nd lines play a smart game, i feel we win a hard faught 3-2 game. :thumbu:

Clemmesen getting the start in Montreal i'm assuming?? Id rather see Markstrom early on but Clem is pretty reliable most nights and Montreal looked out of sync against the Leafs Saturday. A 3-0 record to start the year would be awesome!!

THE PANTHERS ARE HUNGRY! I SEE RED!

homegrizown

Feb 4, 2008
pembroke pines fl
gotta get out to a fast start. we didn't play all that well against carolina. but if weaver and kuli are back our defense will be alot better.

i woudl guess tonight will be theodore and tomorrow clemmer?

we just have to skate hard and create stuff from the corners and cause them to take bad penalties. cuz our powerplay is our cash money system. and campbells bullets make me say who needs garrison :)

lets go cats!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
gotta get out to a fast start. we didn't play all that well against carolina. but if weaver and kuli are back our defense will be alot better.

i woudl guess tonight will be theodore and tomorrow clemmer?

we just have to skate hard and create stuff from the corners and cause them to take bad penalties. cuz our powerplay is our cash money system. and campbells bullets make me say who needs garrison :)

lets go cats!

I think we are going to have to deal with an early Senator flurry. Hopefully, we can weather the storm.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Sounds like the lines are:

Flash-Weiss-Upshall
Huby-Mules-Kovy
Kopy-Matthias-Santo
Skille-Smithson-Parros

Kuba-Campbell
Kuli-Weaver
Jovo-Ellerby

Theo

-ghoste

dbhislife

Jun 27, 2007
Had to miss opening night due to a commitment I made, but I will be watching and posting tonight. I am soooooo freaking stoked to watch our boys again. I hope huberdeau has another huge night as you guys have me pumped to watch this kid get his career under way

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa

• Kovalev apparently isn't really a fan favourite in Ottawa, won't talk to the Ottawa media before the game is over. Hopefully he can have a great night tonight and make the Ottawa fans a bit more pissed :nod:

You guys have tons to learn about Kovalev :laugh: Ill be honest here, sure Kovalev earned 3 points for you guys last game but that is classic Kovalev. He will dominate a game and do everything right and then all of a sudden he disappears for 5-8 games. The joke would be "oh Kovalev had a 1g 3a night? see ya in March". This was a problem for us because we paid him 5 million a year. Since you guys pay him 1 million a year i doubt this will be as much as a problem. Lastly, he seems to have a huge prima donna attitude. Something that isnt good to have around the locker room. Hopefully he doesnt infect Huberdeau! On the other hand his positive is that he did give Mike Fisher (our former 2nd line center) the best year of his career. High Risk/Reward all in all.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
GDT should hopefully be up within the hour, in case anyone was wondering. Don't forget, if you want to make a GDT this season, sign up in the stickies thread above. Thanks and Go Panthers!

Edit: make that within the next hour, got a little busy but I hope to have it done before 4.

Last edited:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
We like Kovalev (and he's a good influence on the young players), but the Ottawa media is dumb and I'm not surprised Kovalev doesn't want to talk to them. This is why
Kovalev also called out Ottawa reporters and claimed they didn't actually watch hockey. "There are different journalists. My opinion of Ottawa journalists is that they don't watch hockey at all. When they fly with the team and go through the (metal detector) at an airport, their bags are filled with beer. You realize right away what these people do when they write about the NHL," Kovalev told the Russian newspaper.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Hey guys i'm new here. I've been watching these forums for about a year now and finally decided to sign up. I live in Kansas City, Missouri but have been watching and following the panthers closely since i got involved with hockey 4 years ago. HUGE PANTHERS FAN.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
You guys have tons to learn about Kovalev :laugh: Ill be honest here, sure Kovalev earned 3 points for you guys last game but that is classic Kovalev. He will dominate a game and do everything right and then all of a sudden he disappears for 5-8 games. The joke would be "oh Kovalev had a 1g 3a night? see ya in March". This was a problem for us because we paid him 5 million a year. Since you guys pay him 1 million a year i doubt this will be as much as a problem. Lastly, he seems to have a huge prima donna attitude. Something that isnt good to have around the locker room. Hopefully he doesnt infect Huberdeau! On the other hand his positive is that he did give Mike Fisher (our former 2nd line center) the best year of his career. High Risk/Reward all in all.

Dude, we've heard enough of this already about Kovalev. I think its safe to say that we are tired of it.

Game note: Anderson is 7-0-1 in his career against us, if I remember reading it correctly earlier today.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Hey guys i'm new here. I've been watching these forums for about a year now and finally decided to sign up. I live in Kansas City, Missouri but have been watching and following the panthers closely since i got involved with hockey 4 years ago. HUGE PANTHERS FAN.

Welcome to the forums, we are all friendly here, see you tonight for the game! :)

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad