GDT: Panthers @ Sabres 7 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 Reino's Return

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
They did none of the things that paid off the previous night vs the Kings. And it showed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good:

Cousins getting sat down.
Some quality PKing.
Greenway blowing some guys up - Rodrigues in particular.
Krebs had a good game on a night when a lot of the forwards were just meh.

Bad:

EJohnson getting hit in the head.
RJohnson learning how good Barkov is at close range.
Chronically passing out of scoring position again tonight.
Skinner and Okposo on Tage's wing was more pain. A dreadfully slow pain.
Best chances (Mitts and Benson), they couldn't finish.

Ugly:

Bennett's penalty on Peterka.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I'm going to give Skinner the benefit of the doubt and assume he's still injured. I saw what appeared to be him trying to hustle to a puck and he looked about half speed (for him, which is already pretty slow).

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Good news guys. After being drubbed against LA we won the all important face off battle tonight

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
11 pages has got to be an all time low for a GDT + no GBU

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
11 pages has got to be an all time low for a GDT + no GBU

There have been shorter. And I have retired the GBU for this season for myself - Buff talked about moving on from it (he didn't like it) and honestly, after 13 non-playoff years and the nearly 20 years of dysfunction of the team, I'm game to start something new.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
We finally get consistent goaltending and now we can't score for anything ( Last game not withstanding). This team can go fall down a hole. It's frustrating beyond belief. Can't wait for us to trade our best forward for a bag of pucks. End this misery .

Deleted member 346512

And?! Another nice kick in the ass after a good performance against the Kings?! I don't even watch this team's alibi games anymore. I just wanted to read what is being written here and how great the disillusionment is (for the 1000th time).

This crap team is dead, as is Pegula's interest in seriously changing anything in this lost and ridiculous organization so that this tragedy will eventually come to an end.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
There have been shorter. And I have retired the GBU for this season for myself - Buff talked about moving on from it (he didn't like it) and honestly, after 13 non-playoff years and the nearly 20 years of dysfunction of the team, I'm game to start something new.
GBU is nice for folks who cant catch the game w/out having to go through the game thread, but I understand that nobody wants to do it anymore

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Only got to see the 1st period.

Awful lot of empty seats on display. Reinharts return, the runner up to the 2023 SCF......

Yeah, the Bflo fan's passion is gone. And it is understandable.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
GBU was great for picking up trends and to compliment the highlights for those of us that can't follow the late games (or even normal time games). The state of the team means there's no point in it now, we all know how they play and it's just depressing. I'm even skipping ahead watching highlights.

You can also catch more of the gdt now that they are so short, so I still picked up that Krebs wasn't terrible.

I think we could do a monthly gbu as a catch up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad