Post-Game Talk: Panthers ride late Lomborghini goal to beat Caps 4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Panthers are 13-3-2 in their last 18. Team is playing great despite some bumps at home. Caps started out strong despite their roster but the wheels have come off and they're cooked.

It was highlighted a bit in the other thread but I don't know how active it is non-gameday so just for more visibility, we all remember the players that roast Florida when they leave, Duclair was back building a rink and had this to say:

“This is a second home for me and it is great to be back,” said Duclair, who played three seasons for Florida. “I promised when I started the foundation that we were going to build rinks here and it does not matter that I got traded away; I am going to honor that and even go beyond that. South Florida will always have a special place in my heart. Everyone was so good to me here. It is a no-brainer to try and grow the sport down here.”

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Inferior competition at home? Feel bad for anyone who has tickets tonight, these guys are gonna shit the bed again.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Ovy scores the very first Ovechtrick with 9 goals.
Tom Wilson kills Barkov and the refs punch Cousins for staring at Wilson.

LFG!

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Winnable game but can't take the Caps lightly, they're on a losing streak and will be looking to get back in the win column.

Tuesday's game was a disappointment to say the least, can't help but have some PTSD creep in from that All-Star break a couple years ago when the Panthers spiraled out of control. Different team, I know, but damn is it hard to shake those old Panther fan feelings sometimes :laugh:

Absolutely need a win tonight to keep pace with the division and work on securing home ice.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
We could always bring Duke back on a different contract. The issue was cap space with him.
I had this same thought. He loves it here and would be affordable. If memroy serves, he just doesnt really do much scoring, but I guess he could work on the 3rd line?

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
We could always bring Duke back on a different contract. The issue was cap space with him.
Duclair is exciting when he's on and I like him even more now after reading the OP. I mean, I don't recall a former Panthers player in recent memory going that far to connect to the community.

That being said.. I'm honestly not sure bringing him back makes our team better? Are we gonna break up one of our top 2 lines (that have been playing great) for him?

His skillset wouldn't fit in a bottom 6 role either considering his lacklustre defensive play.

The one move would be to put Reinhart back with Lundell and Duclair with Barkov. But the latter honestly didn't work that well last year, and if Reinhart isn't able to jumpstart Lundell's offense then we aren't really getting the most out of our lineup.

There's also the fact that Duclair has been on a downward trajectory offensively since 2022-23. Looks like the days of pacing for 50-60 points might be behind him. He was pacing for 36 points in his final year with us, and 30 points this year. His drop in production coincides with the injury he dealt with in his final year.

Last edited:
Reactions: VIMMM

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I dont know whats worse... another Biz commentated game or you using the word jive.
92b304f89f9325516b12dc086903f357.gif

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
No Duke!

He might be a nice guy but as a player.
He doesn’t fit this team.
He’s too much of a floater and too soft.

Vendetta always made excuses for him
while loving him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad