Recalled/Assigned: Panthers recall LW Garrett Wilson

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
It's unfortunate because it seemed like Huberdeau was finally turning things around and playing some of his best hockey all season.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Why not Butler? He played the World Cup last year for USA and got good AHL stats and got contract until 2015.

Isn't Butler only a RW?

Huberdeau has played just on the left side, no?

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
GW is pretty much a crash and bang player with not a whole lotta skill; should fit in nicely. But, ya, it's kinda cool to have a 4th rounder make it that far.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Isn't Butler only a RW?

Huberdeau has played just on the left side, no?

Elitprospects says LW/RW, and I would love to see him in NHL, he could be a new Boyes, he actually have decent NHL stats 21 points in 36 games for Sens in his rookie year (3 years ago), and looks like more of a goalscorer (more goals then assist in AHL), and now he got some nice AHL stats again so would be worth giving him a shoot in NHL again.

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
I'm assuming most of you guys never saw Wilson when he was with Owen Sound. Kid was the heart and soul of that team. Exactly the type of character guy you want in your bottom 6.

Also of note- Wilson will become the 5th player from Randy Sexton's 2009 draft class to skate in the NHL (Kulikov, Shore, Corban Knight, Scott Timmins). Still to this day believe he never should've been let go for Tallon.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Here's the newest Panther call-up already in red and white:

castaway533.jpg

Erick*

How did he play today?

I couldn't tell. The camera was focused on Luongo, especially in the 3rd period...

Edit: To answer the question, I heard his name mentioned once and it was because he was trying to do too much early on in the game.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm assuming most of you guys never saw Wilson when he was with Owen Sound. Kid was the heart and soul of that team. Exactly the type of character guy you want in your bottom 6.

Also of note- Wilson will become the 5th player from Randy Sexton's 2009 draft class to skate in the NHL (Kulikov, Shore, Corban Knight, Scott Timmins). Still to this day believe he never should've been let go for Tallon.

I got to see a lot of GW in Cincinnati over the previous two seasons.

Just as you said, he's a huge character player. Non stop competitive, willing to go to battle for teammates. A team player in every sense of the word.

His coach in Cincinnati, Jarrod Skalde, just raved about this kid. His biggest flaw in the NHL will be his skating, but I can't imagine that he'll ever be anything more than a 3rd liner or energy line player. He'll bring an NHL style similar to that of Derek MacKenzie of the Columbus Blue Jackets: relentless and never takes a shift off.

I hope that Wilson is a valuable addition to the bottom 6 of the Panthers roster.

Erick*

Yeah, he played well the other night in Phoenix. Brought a lot of energy to the game and even came close to scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad