Confirmed with Link: Panthers re-sign Petrovic for 1 year, 1.95M AAV

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Just thinking out loud, but if we could just dump MacK and McGinn then Tippett can stay up, and send McCoshen down. That leaves 14/7/2. Obviously if Reimer stays, and he should because you never know the longevity of Luongo, then Hutchinson goes down.

That would create some competition for 2 spots at forward, but if we keep those 2 there isn’t much competition at all and those two drag down the bottom 6.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
impressive depth and quality at d next season. weegar, mccoshen, petrovic, pysyk and on top of all ekblad are all just getting better. the first 4 can all be 2nd line defenders on a contender and ekblad is a legit no.1 defenseman already.
impressive depth at fwd and D is technically correct. but that depth is all bottom 4Ds and tons or 3rd line fwds. we needed to clear a few of each for one more top 6 fwd and top 3D.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Sure, but you can assume their health for a good portion of the season, no? So let's break it down assuming they're healthy:

Kiselevich as the 7-I don't like that because I want to see if he can plug the top 4 spot
Weegar as the 7-bad for his development
Pysyk as the 7-I like him a lot on the 3rd pair, don't want him sitting
Petrovic as the 7-More complaining from him?
There will be injuries and who knows. Better to have too much depth then none.

Keselvich will get his shot as a top 4 D. Why wouldn't he?

Weegar will play.

Petro and Pysyk will need to step their game up. Since when is competition a bad thing?

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I still feel Petro can play well, and if we are to dump Haley, I'd rather keep Petro's big body just for intimidation purposes.

I know we have too many D but feel we will get injuries with all the back to backs on the schedule. So having a lot of guys who can play is a good thing. Think DT has one more move up his sleeve before season starts(hopefully dumping Mac/Haley). Other then that it will be good to have someone like Petro on a 1yr deal that we can throw in as a cash dump to sweeten a deal to hopefully get us someone at the deadline if we are in thick of playoff race.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Meh. I'm more worried about Weegar and arbitration. I absolutely saw flashes of brilliance from him that could lead me to believe he can be part of our top-4 long term.

Don't want to lose him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Meh. I'm more worried about Weegar and arbitration. I absolutely saw flashes of brilliance from him that could lead me to believe he can be part of our top-4 long term.

Don't want to lose him.

I agree, Pysyk or Petrovic are not here long term, Weegar is if he takes another step forward. Only thing that may complicate things is the expansion draft in a couple years if we go 7-3-1.

Matheson and Ekblad will certainly be protected and Yandle has to be with his NMC. Will be interesting to see if Gildon/Stillman can become a 2nd pairing LHD in the next few years and then we would shop Yandle if Weegar cements himself as #4RD. (Taking contracts/age into consideration)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Don't want to lose him.

Potential is there but at the moment he's still the worst one of the three lesser RDs but not by much. It won't matter much if Weegar and the mgmt agree upon one or two year deal, the end of the next season will introduce a lot of changes so it'll be easier to change additional spots on the team at the same time and try to lock in another two-three year period when only minimal changes are made to the team (outside of the exp draft).

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I still feel Petro can play well, and if we are to dump Haley, I'd rather keep Petro's big body just for intimidation purposes.

I know we have too many D but feel we will get injuries with all the back to backs on the schedule. So having a lot of guys who can play is a good thing. Think DT has one more move up his sleeve before season starts(hopefully dumping Mac/Haley). Other then that it will be good to have someone like Petro on a 1yr deal that we can throw in as a cash dump to sweeten a deal to hopefully get us someone at the deadline if we are in thick of playoff race.

I don't think Petro intimidates anyone these days.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I expect some new material from you this year regarding the Bjeast and Huberblow :cheers:

Pukestad still couldn't crack 20 goals or 50pts with first line duties. I've got my eye on that piece of filth. Hubs bought himself extra time by not blowing it completely after being demoted all the way to the 3rd line. I think Borgstrom and Tippett could be a big duo even though the top6 quite populated at the moment but we already know that we can count on Bjugs and Hubs to make several costly mistakes.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad