Post-Game Talk: Panthers' Post Gets First Star

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
One team converted its chances. The other didn't. Simple as that. Not to mention that just the 3rd line seemed to generate some offense throughout the game.
Quite the irony that the goal came from Cole though. Don't really know what to expect tmrrw. Need to show up.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
This garbage is getting old. Really getting tired of watching this **** show.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
either anderson or glendining need to sit for Weiss.
Second I put this game on the refs. There should be fines and suspensions for that play. Added with a 5 min major and tossed out of the game. What happens. Detroits short handed.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Not impressed with the efforts they've been putting out lately. Getting cold at the worst possible time. It's a real problem if a 7-2 whooping is the only thing that can motivate a real effort.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Yeah, you're not going to win too many games when Andersson is you biggest offensive threat.

Smith is comical out there. I swear Yakkety Sax should play when he's on the ice. He did play the 2-on-1 well, though.

Helm looked good.

Um..... yeah, that's about it.

Nyquist, where are you?

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Missed this game.

Anyone stand out or struggle???

Andersson did stand out in a good way. He was hustling hard it reminded me of two season ago he had great chemistry and effectiveness with Nyquist. The line with Pulks and Gus did have the most advantage of all 4 against the Panthers lines.

I see the Zetterberg line struggling. They were -2 tonight, Z was 35% in the faceoff with 1 shot recorded. I still feel Cole is a fairly meh addition, Zetter is needing more and more support. Abbie is less of a force than he was earlier in the season. I don't know the chemistry is just ok, which isn't good enough. I do respect they're matching with the top 2 lines and hanging tough every game. I'm not sure what a better option even is.

Again sadly the Red Wings started slow but they had some great looks and chances throughout the game, at least 4 posts, arghh so close. I thought they played with heart, skating really well. Mrazek was solid, may be a little soft on the Jagr goal but our offense is to blame again. Just not good enough, strong enough to jam that puck in the net. We are going to have to be much stronger against TBL or we could get beaten bad.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Babcocks new lines worked realgud.
Too many counterattacks.

Sens beat Bruins, now they Are 2 points behind Bruins with one game in hand. If they win that game, they will push bruins out of the playoffs.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Glad I missed this one after seeing the highlights. Good god is there a record for posts in a game?? Should have won this one single handedly.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
we can not continue to lose to non playoff teams with the way the sens are playing

i am very serious, we best be careful here as i think the sens will go 9-2 the rest for the way so long as they believe they have a chance, dont mess with teams who believe in each other and are playing with destiny

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Weiss is trash. Give it up. He's done, folks.

Luckily our team is doing pretty good without him. :sarcasm: Especially as Luke transforms into a goalscorer right now.

Nyquist, where are you?

He clearly struggled in the third, as they didn't give him space at all. But did you miss the first and second? Pulkks, Andersson and Gus were the only reason to be optimistic that we might score. Other lines mostly didn't show up at all.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
we can not continue to lose to non playoff teams with the way the sens are playing

i am very serious, we best be careful here as i think the sens will go 9-2 the rest for the way so long as they believe they have a chance, dont mess with teams who believe in each other and are playing with destiny

9-2? i highly doubt they maintain this run as good as that but i think we have 6 point gap (7 with tie breaker) and they have 3 games against the leafs.. one game in hand but it's b2b against tampa.

benusmc

Feb 11, 2008
Yeah, you're not going to win too many games when Andersson is you biggest offensive threat.

Smith is comical out there. I swear Yakkety Sax should play when he's on the ice. He did play the 2-on-1 well, though.

Helm looked good.

Nyquist, where are you?

Smith, lets talk about Ericsson before we ***** about Smith

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
9-2? i highly doubt they maintain this run as good as that but i think we have 6 point gap (7 with tie breaker) and they have 3 games against the leafs.. one game in hand but it's b2b against tampa.

the way ottawa is playing i think it will go one of two ways

they will keep it up and make the playoffs or fall flat and not come close with nothing really in between

i think we have 13 games left and think we will win 6 of them and finish with 99ish pts

i think ottawa has 12 games left and will win 8 or 9 of them and finish with 97ish pts

I am sure it can change equally for each team, we win more and they lose more, but right now with the way they have been playing and how much they play for each other vs our play i think what i laid out above is the most likely scenario, which is somewhat scary to think

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Have you seen Andrew Hammond? He's 12-0-1 and has that team rallying in front of him. I wouldn't be counting them out, we need to shape up and take care of business.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Have you seen Andrew Hammond? He's 12-0-1 and has that team rallying in front of him. I wouldn't be counting them out, we need to shape up and take care of business.

have you seen his career before this run?

i'm not counting them out, i implied the opposite.

they'd need to continue this miracle run, boston would also have to put pretty good streak and wings would have to basically below 0.500 the rest of the way (schedule is fairly hard though, said that before deadline). caps and few others are close to wings in points.

Last edited:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA

Helm looked good.

Nyquist, where are you?

He was Detroit's best forward last night... Him and Pulkkinen played well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad