Post-Game Talk: Panthers pay huge injury toll but win 11th straight playoff OT game 3-2 over Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Fine I’ll do it myself
licensed-image

• Haha
Reactions: wampa13jku

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Yeah, I really like Montour, but, uh, I think it will be easy to let him go into free agency from what I'm seeing now.

The guy that's interesting is Ekblad. I've felt for a while that he was on his way out, but I think the defensive structure Paul Maurice has brought actually helps cover his worst deficiency, which is foot speed. He looks great right now, except for that breakaway, which we will never speak of again.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Yeah, I really like Montour, but, uh, I think it will be easy to let him go into free agency from what I'm seeing now.

The guy that's interesting is Ekblad. I've felt for a while that he was on his way out, but I think the defensive structure Paul Maurice has brought actually helps cover his worst deficiency, which is foot speed. He looks great right now, except for that breakaway, which we will never speak of again.
Ekblad and Forsling have been the best pairing in the Eastern Conference playoffs so far.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

My favorite part about the breakaway was Ekblad looking back first to see is someone else was around to pass to lol.

Regarding Bennett, sorry but I don’t trust what any coach says regarding injuries during the playoffs

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I agree that I don't trust what Paul Maurice says about injuries, but when they're specifically leaking that it's a bone bruise (and not a fracture), I do feel better about it, regardless of PoMo's penchant for exaggerating to keep other teams guessing.

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
Sucks to lose Bennett, I think we looked a bit lost after that injury, but super glad they pulled the OT win!

And of course it was Verhaeghe, because I still have our special secret weapon, be in peace fellow Panthers fans:

1000011890.jpg

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

But yeah. Ekblad has been really really good so far.

Duclair is hating him a ton right now

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

Montour is a special kind of dynamic from the back end that this team REALLY benefits from, even when it doesn't show up on the scoresheet. The amount of offense he generates from back there is staggering.

I wouldn't be so quick to let him go. His unique toolset makes him a valuable player in a very specific way in this league. I would hope Zito is prioritizing re-signing him almost as much as Reinhart.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida

tbf we have like 3 people who could score on a breakaway vs Vasi, and one never wants to shoot

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Montour is a special kind of dynamic from the back end that this team REALLY benefits from, even when it doesn't show up on the scoresheet. The amount of offense he generates from back there is staggering.

I wouldn't be so quick to let him go. His unique toolset makes him a valuable player in a very specific way in this league. I would hope Zito is prioritizing re-signing him almost as much as Reinhart.
If he wants less than Forsling sign him

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida

i think hes good at being the "qb" on the powerplay but cant score TDs so to speak, but that shoulder surgery messed up his shot badly. On the defensive side hes had more negative than positives. Still gets a good bit of assists at least.

Im just hopin its just taking a lot of time from injury to get back into form and hell be on a team friendly contract.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
My favorite part about the breakaway was Ekblad looking back first to see is someone else was around to pass to lol.

Regarding Bennett, sorry but I don’t trust what any coach says regarding injuries during the playoffs
What I thought was funny as Ekblad was out there for the next face off. I figured after skating that hard and that fast he’d be on the bench recovering for two or three shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad