Post-Game Talk: Panthers pay huge injury toll but win 11th straight playoff OT game 3-2 over Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Verhaeghe-Barkov-Tarasenko
Tkachuk-Lundell-Reinhart
Rodrigues-Luostarinen-Cousins
Lomberg-Stenlund-Okposo

IMO this is the best possible line up without Bennett. I get that Tkachuk hasn't been a LW here, but somebody has to play on their off side and Matty played a lot of LW in Calgary.
I have no faith Okposo can be effective with his speed

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
i dunno thats changing all the lines up. I do like that first line though, but i think swaggy does better on the 2nd line but that was with boony.

Tank-Barkov-reino
swaggy-lundell-tkachuck
luo-stenlund-erod
lombo-lorentz-gadjo/okposo
This could be good too but I worry about no offense on that third line plus Cousins should be in over anyone on the 4th line and can and has played up with Chucky

Maybe they plus Stenlund between Swag and Chucky good on the draw and keeps the other lines in tact

We have options

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Cousins has been pretty good this series, noticeable in a good way.

Verhaeghe-Barky-Tank
Keeps Tank on RW and I think he needs to play with talent to be effective.

Cousins-Lundell-Tkachuk
Hopefully is similar to when they have Benny in the middle. Lundy has played well so far, and Cousins/Tkachuk just works.

Erod-Luo-Reino
Gives two faceoff options and some offense.

Fourth can be whatever with Stenlund in the middle. Lorentz was a good fill in for Lomberg. Gadjo has been good. Okposo I'd be wary, but could be fine if sheltered. We've got good options on the fourth.

It seemed like he was moving better as the game went on, at least.

60% Forsling is still a beast. So if he can suit up then we're good. Just hoping it's not something that gets worse.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
This could be good too but I worry about no offense on that third line plus Cousins should be in over anyone on the 4th line and can and has played up with Chucky

Maybe they plus Stenlund between Swag and Chucky good on the draw and keeps the other lines in tact

We have options
shit i knew i forgot someone

Cousins has been pretty good this series, noticeable in a good way.

Verhaeghe-Barky-Tank
Keeps Tank on RW and I think he needs to play with talent to be effective.

Cousins-Lundell-Tkachuk
Hopefully is similar to when they have Benny in the middle. Lundy has played well so far, and Cousins/Tkachuk just works.

Erod-Luo-Reino
Gives two faceoff options and some offense.

Fourth can be whatever with Stenlund in the middle. Lorentz was a good fill in for Lomberg. Gadjo has been good. Okposo I'd be wary, but could be fine if sheltered. We've got good options on the fourth.

60% Forsling is still a beast. So if he can suit up then we're good. Just hoping it's not something that gets worse.
Tank did score on the right side on the powerplay, his setups from the left usually are just a tad off so it would be a nice change for him to be on the right side on 5v5

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I mean, I'm legit pissed off at him. It's a reckless shot imo. I get that shit happens and obviously his intention wasn't to hit one of our guys, but if there's no shooting lane he should've just dumped it into the corner. Now we have no second line center.

It's bad luck, nothing more. Monty has to up his game and can be criticized for other stuff but for this, nah.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
It's bad luck, nothing more. Monty has to up his game and can be criticized for other stuff but for this, nah.
Agree. This is just misfortune. Pucks from the point go through clogged shooting lanes all the time, and most of the time purposefully. Create chaos, unpredictability, take away sight lines from the goaltender. This is just the disadvantage that comes with this option. It is what it is. There’s no faulting Montour here.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
So Andy Slater, who has a radio show on Miami, says Benny is out long term but GR, who reports for the team posted an hour ago "if" Bennett misses time...

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I mean this is Maurice saying a week....
f*** you are right

bruce-boudreau-darn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad