OT: Panthers Lounge the Viides [ˈʋiːde̞s] - The Thread That Won't Take 4 Years To Finnish

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Passed my driving test with almost the lowest score you can get while still passing. Don't care though, finally done with that ****.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
^ Did you join the fantasy league Luongo setup? I thought I was doing pretty decent so far, until I saw that I was ranked 547th. lol

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
^ Did you join the fantasy league Luongo setup? I thought I was doing pretty decent so far, until I saw that I was ranked 547th. lol
Nah, I don't do fantasy leagues. More so if it's soccer related.

I might watch like 10 minutes of a match (not necessarily the start or end), but then it just becomes too much of me thinking how every situation that went wrong could have been handled and what I would have done. It's just not enjoyable that way.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
^ Do you view hockey the same way?
Nope and same goes for pretty much any other sport not named soccer.

I played soccer up until my early teens, so that probably has something to do with it. I still like the sport and take every chance to go out and play it (usually with some old buddies or something), watching is just annoying, I guess.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
I feel the same way towards Tennis. I like playing it, but absolutely hate watching it.

I grew up watching/playing soccer so I love it. Only thing I really hate about it is the diving. It annoys me that FIFA pretends like it's not a big deal.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Interviewed for a job on Monday. It was the first call back since graduating. Waiting is the hardest part. Was one of my first professional interviews too. Big week so far lol.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I feel the same way towards Tennis. I like playing it, but absolutely hate watching it.

I grew up watching/playing soccer so I love it. Only thing I really hate about it is the diving. It annoys me that FIFA pretends like it's not a big deal.
Yeah, I don't like the modern amount of diving too. IMO when I grew up watching it in the late 90s/early 2000s, it was so rare and only done by certain players. Now, it feels like everyone is doing it if they get the chance.

Wasn't part of my game when I played, though I had the uncanny ability to lure opposing defensemen into a hard tackle, only to pass the ball away at that exact same moment. Though I can't recall us ever being that good at freekicks lol.

"... four years to Finnish"

Missed opportunity to invoke a tired pun.
I thought about it, but I'd actually like this to finish.

Interviewed for a job on Monday. It was the first call back since graduating. Waiting is the hardest part. Was one of my first professional interviews too. Big week so far lol.
Hopefully you'll get the gig.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
How old are you/ What field?

Hopefully you'll get the gig.

I recently graduated with my BS Health Care Management, and I am 23 years old. The job is an Administrative Assistant position with one of the hospitals in town. I'm hopeful, but you never know. I thought I did well for one of my first times, I answered all questions well and didn't regret anything that I said. I did find myself thinking about what I could have said, and beat myself up a little bit thinking if I could have been more detailed here or there, etc. Ah well.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I finished the Uncharted games on PS3. Wow! I didn't know they looked that good. I think I'll pick up a PS4 after all.

I also just made an enforcer on NHL 14 EASHL after talking with a guy who had one. They are awesome!
I didn't know I could max out aggression and checking to drop the other team's stats through crushing hits and make them shaky for the rest of the game. It drops stats. Lol!!!

I kept it real and made a 6'7 230lb Peter Worrell.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I finished the Uncharted games on PS3. Wow! I didn't know they looked that good. I think I'll pick up a PS4 after all.
It's a really good series, though in the 3rd one you sort of see already how things are going to turn out based on the first two.

[spoil]I didn't see the zombie thing coming in the first game at all. I was like **** ****ing **** what the **** is that ****.[/spoil]I have the Vita game Golden Abyss on my download list because of PS+, but Vitas are so expensive here that it isn't really worth it. Here's to hoping that the upcoming (not confirmed yet, but it's been on Amazon France already) PS4/Vita bundle is a really solid deal and I might consider it.

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
Oh, indeed.

Last night it was like +2 (no wonder I was so freezing with the window open) and now it's barely over 10.

Remember, do not leave any friends behind in snow, even if they drink too much and pass out. For other board members, midsummer is probably greatest drinking weekend (long weekend) in Finland, people drink and drown and it was actually snowing in Finland earlier this week.

JOL

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Remember, do not leave any friends behind in snow, even if they drink too much and pass out. For other board members, midsummer is probably greatest drinking weekend (long weekend) in Finland, people drink and drown and it was actually snowing in Finland earlier this week.

JOL

Don't feel like drinking again in a looong time. Friend's sister got ran over by a train. Needless to say that she was drunk as ****. Tragic night for my friend's family and friends.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
-1 last night. :cold: Very juhannus esque weather.

Don't feel like drinking again in a looong time. Friend's sister got ran over by a train. Needless to say that she was drunk as ****. Tragic night for my friend's family and friends.
Well that sucks.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yup. This was at least the coldest juhannus in 34 years, maybe even longer since they've only started doing statistics on it from 1981 forwards. There's records somewhere about it prior to '81, but they can't accees it now because of the holidays.

It was really warm in May, but June has been quite average so far. Oh well, at least there hasn't been many thunderstorms yet, only one so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad