Proposal: Panthers/Islanders

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Not sure this is fair value. It should be in theory, but goalie trade value is never ever what it "should" be.

Islanders are desperate, sure, but this is Lou we are talking about here.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Florida doesn't have to add because they don't need anymore forwards, unless ofc Barzal is on the table.
Yeah cause Reimer is such a beast. A big upgrade on goalies like Anderson in Ottawa and Lehner,both of whom are available.

Not sure this is fair value. It should be in theory, but goalie trade value is never ever what it "should" be.

Islanders are desperate, sure, but this is Lou we are talking about here.
Explain why the isles are desperate for Reimer :laugh:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Reimer is average but both of them are easily worse than Reimer. Try watching the goalies first.
Both have had success in the past and would be short term stopgaps,which the press indicated the isles wanted,coming out of the draft.

Isles owners have been proactive with Sorokin, meeting with his reps.
The press reports discussions between the Sens and Isles about Anderson.
Panthers are not getting a 20 something yr old, repeat 20 goal scorer for Reimer. Get real

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Reimer is average but both of them are easily worse than Reimer. Try watching the goalies first.

This is right. Reimer is better than Anderson and Lehner right now, and the contract ends right after Sorokin's 2020-2021 1 year ELC (god willing) expires, and NYI need to offer him serious money.

What I don't get is why FLA would want to trade him.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
In a vacuum, I don't mind trading Nelson for Reimer. But, unfortunately, NYI need Nelson right now. That's sad, but there it is.

I thought this up based on:

-the flack Nelson gets from Isles fans
-the Isles needing a placeholder that is better than what is available, until Sorokin is ready for 50+ starts

Add a pick in the 3rd round or later from Florida if it makes the deal more palatable.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I thought this up based on:

-the flack Nelson gets from Isles fans
-the Isles needing a placeholder that is better than what is available, until Sorokin is ready for 50+ starts

Add a pick in the 3rd round or later from Florida if it makes the deal more palatable.
I doubt Lou is making trades, based on who message boards fans are frustrated with

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
This is right. Reimer is better than Anderson and Lehner right now, and the contract ends right after Sorokin's 2020-2021 1 year ELC (god willing) expires, and NYI need to offer him serious money.

What I don't get is why FLA would want to trade him.
Realistically, we don't, not yet.
As long as Luongo is our "starter", we need a 1B goalie that will start some 40+ games. This is why we also added Hutchinson as our "2B" to a 1.3 mill contract. Reimer isn't great but nor are any other options out there.
My guess is that until we part with Luongo or acquire a true n.1, Reimer is here to stay.

Reactions: dano16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad