Rumor: Panthers gunning hard for Cam Talbot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I would usually put this in the rumor thread but I have a really bad feeling when I wake up a few hours from now this title will be changed to confirmed with link, hopefully it's locked :laugh:

http://nypost.com/2015/06/27/rangers-hold-on-to-talbot-for-now-but-flames-to-turn-up-heat/

the Panthers have offered 25-year-old center Jimmy Hayes, older brother of the Rangers’ Kevin Hayes, to the Blueshirts as part of a package for Talbot, who would then become Roberto Luongo’s backup, at least for the short-term.

So Hayes, Montoya, and ???? to Rangers for Talbot

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I could definitely see Couse sliding into Hayes spot, and I don't like Hayes so I don't care if he's gone, but is using that asset to get 1 year of a backup to replace the backup who went 6-5-2 as a starter a good use of said asset? Not to me.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I could definitely see Couse sliding into Hayes spot, and I don't like Hayes so I don't care if he's gone, but is using that asset to get 1 year of a backup to replace the backup who went 6-5-2 as a starter a good use of said asset? Not to me.

I think so. Hayes being jerk probably in negotiations again. Reminds me of my NBA team other night drafting replacement guy on option year guy. Crouse here for Hayes.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Whether peoe want to acknowledge it or not, Luongo is close to 37 which is old. Bringing in a good young goalie who could be a #1 soon is a smart move.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I think we're all just concerned that Talbot won't want to play second fiddle to Luongo for the possibility of a season or two, and thus he walks and we trade assets for no real reason.

Jan 19, 2006
I have no faith in Montoya to keep this team in playoff contention if Luongo goes down.

I have little faith that Luongo will stay healthy all season.

Tallon NEEDS to address goaltending this offseason or we will be using goaltending as the excuse for why we missed the playoffs in 2015-16.

This team is a playoff team next year - but not a strong enough one to survive instability in net.

Not saying that Talbot is the answer but Tallon needs to do something.

RatKingBolland*

Talbot isn't starter-material.

This i disagree with. I would love having Talbot on the Panthers i just dont see how he will resign with us next year with Luongo here. Would not want a Canucks situation "Läck vs Luongo" here in Florida.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Limited sample size to determine if he's a starter or not. I don't see him wanna go here being a back-up. Would he re-sign even?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think we're all just concerned that Talbot won't want to play second fiddle to Luongo for the possibility of a season or two, and thus he walks and we trade assets for no real reason.

It all depends on what we give up. Obviously if we are sending back a vital piece(not Hayes) I would want them to be discussing a contract extension to be signed in January.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
It's not like we're giving up the barn to acquire him. We are giving up jimmy no show Hayes since February for a goalie who was simply sensational taking over for lundqvist

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
If Lack cost a 3rd and a 7th, there's no way Talbot is worth more than that.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Talbot UFA in one year.. Why acquire him? He will want 5M$

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
My guess is that Hayes doesn't really want to stay here and is asking for a lot of money. Like 4M or something ridiculous like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad