Panthers Fire Strength and Conditioning Coach

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I see what you are trying to say there but this is the same team that just hired an additional assistant head coach just because they felt it would help.

I think you can put the financial questions to rest, finally.

lol ok dude chill…when we get a legit scoring star in the league we can say that.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
yeehaw.gif

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I feel bad for anyone who gets the unfortunately axe in their job, but this is something that was essential for the future of the team's health. It seems that the Panthers are near the top of man games lost due to injury almost every season. I'm sure having the medical staff had a lot to do with it and if we're going to be a competitive team in the future, the team has to stay healthy. I'm interested to see who takes his place now.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I dont understand why everyone is so happy about this? Its our medical staff that needs to be fired, not our S&C personnel. Sure, I like the changes that are going on, but again, its the medical staff that really needs to be replaced.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I agree, PB, which is why I said "this is a start" in my original post. I would hope this is a sign that the organization is evaluating the rest of their staff and weeding out weaknesses. The medical staff definitely needs to be reviewed.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I dont understand why everyone is so happy about this? Its our medical staff that needs to be fired, not our S&C personnel. Sure, I like the changes that are going on, but again, its the medical staff that really needs to be replaced.

If the strength and conditioning coach isn't doing his job properly that's why they get hurt in the first place. They are usually in charge of the players rehab as well so this could very well be something to be happy about.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but Tallon said they want their new S&C coach to be more hockey-centric.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
My son being a college athlete, even as a golfer, will tell you his Strength and conditioning coach is his go to guy, the most important person. Without his guidance not only are you prone to more injuries, but are more apt to cause them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad