pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
If only I was as rich as vinnie.. he used 1/12 of his money when he bought the florida panthers, thats like nothing for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Vinnie told Tallon that he doesn't care how much money is used, he just wants a winning product on ice (well thats basically what he said)

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
If only I was as rich as vinnie.. he used 1/12 of his money when he bought the florida panthers, thats like nothing for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Vinnie told Tallon that he doesn't care how much money is used, he just wants a winning product on ice (well thats basically what he said)

This season cannot end any sooner. I want to see some offseason moves!

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Vanek or Moulson or both. Anything less and i'll be upset with all these promises swirling around.

i'll be upset if it shows that we didnt offer as much

if we offered more than waht they took, im fine with it

Exactly, you can't guarantee these guys WANT to be here, no matter how much money. Money isn't everything to those that want to win NOW or want to play near their home, i.e. the reason Parise and Suter weren't going anywhere but Minnesota.

I'm sure they'll get the best free agents they can, but don't knock Tallon's ability to swing a trade. People say there's no one great on the trade market but you never know. Tallon has typically pulled big trades out of nowhere.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
How much to trade for OV and all of his contract?

I wonder if the Big V is keeping tabs on Callahan away from NY…he's still on my fantasy team lol

Why do I see Cally going to Columbus though?

Who should be our starting goalie next year?

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
Looks like Vinnie's company is set for an IPO. Based on current valuation of $3 billion and his 65-70% stake, he's set to become a multi-billionaire, at least on paper.

Now let's just hope that the (bad) luck of the Panthers doesn't rub off on him and that his high frequency trading doesn't blow up on him some way.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/03/11/virtu-ipo-poised-to-make-a-billionaire-of-vinnie-viola/

IPO delayed because of SEC probe:
"Virtu Financial, a high-frequency trading company, has delayed a planned US initial public offering after its bankers advised it to wait until heightened scrutiny over the business of lightning fast trading subsides."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101545941

Means nothing?

JOL

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida

He won't mind what we spend because he can eventually get that money back. It just depends when we can turn this around and become a good team.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Looks like Vinnie's company is set for an IPO. Based on current valuation of $3 billion and his 65-70% stake, he's set to become a multi-billionaire, at least on paper.

Now let's just hope that the (bad) luck of the Panthers doesn't rub off on him and that his high frequency trading doesn't blow up on him some way.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/03/11/virtu-ipo-poised-to-make-a-billionaire-of-vinnie-viola/

hmmm with all the recent scrutiny on high frequency trading and the IPO being delayed, kind of wish I didn't say that last sentence now......

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Pantherbot jinxed VV, and gave him Pantheritis! Off with his head!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad