McKenzie: Panthers favorite for Bobrovsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Yeah sure man just bump it I'll gladly come back. Were you not around when bob had numerous games of letting in 6+ goals? His averages were putrid at the halfway mark. He's looking to land a big payday and live by the beach, something tells me his mindset isn't that he's going to win a cup in Florida. But who knows.

Name a goalie who never went through a bad stretch? Bob has a long track record at this point of being successful, a short stretch of bad games isn’t going to define who he is. Taking a small sample size to decide the much larger and contrary one is a pretty bad argument.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
finally get rid of Lu's massive deal and now sign a goalie at a ABSURDLY big deal... sure hes great, but hes gonna be 31 when season starts. If its a lower lengthed deal that's ok, but im gonna assume itll be 7 years

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
So, what are everyone's salary & term predictions? He wears 72, so I'll say 7 years x 7.72 AAV, 54.04 total value with full NMC.

Previous contract was 4 year 7.425, full NMC once he turned 27.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
There's no way Bob signs for 7m AAV or Panarin signs below 10m AAV. Just no way.
People think Florida had no taxes at all. The no state tax does not lower it all that much. Panerin wants 12, he will het at least 11.5. Taking 1.5 less a season does is not balanced out by no state tax.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Name a goalie who never went through a bad stretch? Bob has a long track record at this point of being successful, a short stretch of bad games isn’t going to define who he is. Taking a small sample size to decide the much larger and contrary one is a pretty bad argument.

Once again I'll say it. If the AAV is 8mil and it's for 8 years you will be sorely dissapointed if you think he's going to be a beast into his mid 30s. Not saying it won't be good for a few years but we will see. Don't need to get so defensive lol

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Once again I'll say it. If the AAV is 8mil and it's for 8 years you will be sorely dissapointed if you think he's going to be a beast into his mid 30s. Not saying it won't be good for a few years but we will see. Don't need to get so defensive lol

If it’s for 8 years I’m rooting for your team to get him.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The big thing is not Bob to Florida, which everybody expects...

Panarin to Long Island??? Would be frickin awesome, and kind of unexpected.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
We should put all of this “speculation” talk into one thread especially when it all sounds the same again and again.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Meh. He’s going to get overpaid. And I still don’t think he’s a good goalie under playoff pressure. Best of luck to the Panthers.

Reactions: Avaholic29

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Cool. We need Bob. Would still love Panarin, but I’m happy to hang onto Hoffman and chase Lee or Zuccarello, or who knows so long as we don’t overpay. Still need to fix the D, though.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Cool. We need Bob. Would still love Panarin, but I’m happy to hang onto Hoffman and chase Lee or Zuccarello, or who knows so long as we don’t overpay. Still need to fix the D, though.

Zuccarello heading to Minny according to the rumors

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I do find picking him that high in the draft to be a little weird if they're planning to give Bob a massive deal.

You shouldn't expect him to be a legit starter for good 3-4 years atleast.

So that's a no to either.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
You shouldn't expect him to be a legit starter for good 3-4 years atleast.

So that's a no to either.

I don’t give a rip what they do on O, that wasn’t the problem. Would be nice to chase those guys, pretty cool to stand pat, definitely need Bob and work on the D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad