News Article: Panthers continue to lock up number of key prospects

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Just an overview of the five prospects the Panthers have already signed this offseason, as well as two more that may sign next.

It's important to also not that both Francs Beauvillier (2012, sixth round) and Jonatan Nielsen (2012, seventh round) did not sign by their June 1st deadline and are no longer property of the Panthers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/florida/story/panthers-continue-to-lock-up-number-of-key-prospects-060314

Any further detail why these guys weren't signed? Didn't make the grade I guess.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Any further detail why these guys weren't signed? Didn't make the grade I guess.

Just weren't worth the $$ to sign. Can find equal or better talent in this year's draft or beyond. If they don't get pick up by any teams they could have the option of singing minor league deals though if they want to stay in the system. Stuff like this happens a lot, especially w/ later round picks.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Just weren't worth the $$ to sign. Can find equal or better talent in this year's draft or beyond. If they don't get pick up by any teams they could have the option of singing minor league deals though if they want to stay in the system. Stuff like this happens a lot, especially w/ later round picks.

Thanks for the info

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I think if Rau were leaving school, he would've signed already.

Brittain has until Aug 15th. Not sure what the hold up is. The Panthers aren't exactly deep at the position. In fact, I'd say they are relatively awful at the position.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I think if Rau were leaving school, he would've signed already.

Brittain has until Aug 15th. Not sure what the hold up is. The Panthers aren't exactly deep at the position. In fact, I'd say they are relatively awful at the position.

Maybe he's waiting to see if the Panthers are going to pick Demko.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Maybe he's waiting to see if the Panthers are going to pick Demko.

Even if Demko signs he'd still stay at BC since he's only 18. The most reasonable explanation for why Brittain has taken so long would most likely be contract issues. He had a very good senior season and his agent is most likely trying to get him a max ELC which the team obviously doesn't want to do.

As for Rau, there's no rush for him either really, D-Camp is still about a month away.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Just an overview of the five prospects the Panthers have already signed this offseason, as well as two more that may sign next.

It's important to also not that both Francs Beauvillier (2012, sixth round) and Jonatan Nielsen (2012, seventh round) did not sign by their June 1st deadline and are no longer property of the Panthers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/florida/story/panthers-continue-to-lock-up-number-of-key-prospects-060314

You wrote it ? Great read.

Didn't Rau said he would go back to Minny next year ? Pretty sure I saw that and was disgusted because of the probability of not signing next year... But I may be wrong and never saw that lol... Glad to hear he is next.

Brittain will sign ! Pretty sure Tallon and Luce are high on the kid !

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Didn't Rau said he would go back to Minny next year ? Pretty sure I saw that and was disgusted because of the probability of not signing next year... But I may be wrong and never saw that lol... Glad to hear he is next.

No, I think you are right, I remember that about Rau too.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL

Hasn't been anything official yet on Rau. Usually when a player (especially a Captain like Rau) decides to return for their senior season the team will do a big media announcement (see Mike Matheson), but there hasn't even been a word on him yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad