Proposal: Panthers - CBJ

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Do those who don't follow the Jackets realize PLD played the first 20 games of the year playing on mostly the third line, at LW, with different line mates most nights, it wasn't until game 21 against Buffalo when He was centering the top line.

The majority of his production this year is in 26 games, not 46.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Thanks for the response I personally feel it's a slight overpay because Wennberg is still a 1B/2 center so they have an immediate replacement plus they get a 23? Year old who has a deadly shot and is one of our leading scorers while not being on the top PP and playing mostly 3rd line minutes. I love Bjorkstrand and see him as a 30g guy but with Anderson and Atkinson if he can get us our 1C and we keep our defense Trocheck puts us into the top 4 in the east minimum. And those 2 picks plus Bjorkstrand kick start Florida faster it's a win win even though we give up more.
I'm not a Panthers "fan", but I've been on the Barkov bandwagon since his draft year, so I watch a ton of their games. Maybe Panthers fans would disagree, but I would take that deal if I were them. But perhaps I'm overly high on Bjorkstrand too and that's coloring my decision.

But if we were in a EHM sim league together and you offered that package, I'd take it. :nod:
Pantauers say yes
Not sure about the blue jackets

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Y'all would have to give up Seth Jones if you want Trochek. Or Ryan Murray + several assets. I would like to see Trochek on a different team, and Columbus wouldn't be a bad place for him.
You don't think Wennberg/Bjorkstrand/1st/2nd in 19 for Trocheck is fair?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Panthers don't need forwards. If their trading Trochek they want good defenders coming back.
The Florida fan said they needed scoring wingers. So it would be replacing their 2C and getting that 30g potential winger. We could do Savard, Wennberg (again to replace), 1st, Peake (A shut down prospect just played in the WJC pretty well).

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
The Florida fan said they needed scoring wingers. So it would be replacing their 2C and getting that 30g potential winger. We could do Savard, Wennberg (again to replace), 1st, Peake (A shut down prospect just played in the WJC pretty well).
Then they don't realize they have Tippett, Heponiemi, Borgstrom and Mascherin coming up from their system. If you look at the current Panthers, yes they need wingers, but the Panthers would be absolute morons to trade Trochek just for more forwards when they have so many talented forward prospects upcoming. Whoever this "Panther fan" is doesn't know his team too well.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Then they don't realize they have Tippett, Heponiemi, Borgstrom and Mascherin coming up from their system. If you look at the current Panthers, yes they need wingers, but the Panthers would be absolute morons to trade Trochek just for more forwards when they have so many talented forward prospects upcoming. Whoever this "Panther fan" is doesn't know his team too well.
Maybe they want current guys who habe proven a little? IDK I was going off that. But Savard as a 2/3rhd at 26 making 4.25 for 3 or 4 more years plus a replacement C plus Peake who was just a starter for team USA at the WJC seems good then right?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If you quite insist. We can offer blueliners as well, as needed. The question is whether or not the Panthers are willing to trade Trocheck to firm up their depth at all.

Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
If you quite insist. We can offer blueliners as well, as needed. The question is whether or not the Panthers are willing to trade Trocheck to firm up their depth at all.
It seems people are willing and thought our first offer was over pay or not what they needed... a few liked my offer and the one that didn't just said we needed D. I think we could make an offer with Savard a winger or Wennberg and some picks/prospects

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It seems people are willing and thought our first offer was over pay or not what they needed... a few liked my offer and the one that didn't just said we needed D. I think we could make an offer with Savard a winger or Wennberg and some picks/prospects

We don't trade a guy who's progressed every year, is nearly a PPG pace while being the team's best value contract. He is not the problem at all. Again, it makes no sense for us to trade him.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
We don't trade a guy who's progressed every year, is nearly a PPG pace while being the team's best value contract. He is not the problem at all. Again, it makes no sense for us to trade him.
What is the problem then? Because we likely have pieces to help that and can make sure you get those pieces plus don't lose whatever production Trocheck is giving. So far your the one who hasn't wanted to move him so let's see what everyone thinks here what's the Panthers needs.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What is the problem then? Because we likely have pieces to help that and can make sure you get those pieces plus don't lose whatever production Trocheck is giving. So far your the one who hasn't wanted to move him so let's see what everyone thinks here what's the Panthers needs.

The problem for FLA is we lost two really good 2nd line players in Marchessault and Smith and Boughner is doing his best to plug guys that aren't 2nd line players into those holes.

McGinn is a 3rd line guy
Malgin is basically still a rookie
Bjugstad is inconsistent and should be used a 3rd line winger.

We have Borgstrom, Tippett and Mascherin on their way who all project to be top 6 guys but they are still 1-2 years away so we need stopgap guys with 2-3 years left on their deal capable of putting up 45-55pts WITH Trocheck. Think guys like Simmonds, Hoffman etc.

We are at the stage where we want to possibly trade futures for solid depth players to get us over that hump of being a bubble team to become a consistent playoff team.

I can understand that. Just wondering if it's a consensus opinion. (Hope springs eternal. :) )

I would think so. I doubt many would want to trade him, he's becoming one of the best 2C's in the league signed to a sweetheart deal. We need more of his type, not less. Other FLA fans will trade Ekblad over Trocheck....others will gladly give you Bjugstad for mid picks. I'd be surprised if you found more than 10 people who want to trade Trocheck.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I would think so. I doubt many would want to trade him, he's becoming one of the best 2C's in the league signed to a sweetheart deal. We need more of his type, not less. Other FLA fans will trade Ekblad over Trocheck....others will gladly give you Bjugstad for mid picks. I'd be surprised if you found more than 10 people who want to trade Trocheck.
damnit I hate it when facts and logic get in the way of my wanting a player :cry: ;)

Guess I'll just have to keep watching more Panthers games.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad