Proposal: Panthers - CBJ

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
As a Panthers fan... Sure, I'll take a #1C + 1st round pick for our #2C. The only downside is trying to fix problems that are not there. I think that CBJ will not be doing this so that's the end of that.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Trocheck is my recent my god I'd love him in union blue but I don't do PLD for him in order to be successful we need to to be the 2C. But I would trade huge assets for Trocheck.

Wennberg + Bjorkstrand + 1st + 2019 2nd

For

Trocheck

Ps that's not quality for quantity those are all legit valuable pieces. A borderline 1B center, a top 6 RW although he isn't getting enough time when Atkinson is healthy because loaded right side. Plus a first and a 2nd the following year.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yeah, um, no. Big fan of Trocheck's work, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers insisted on something like that, but no. We're likely better off just sticking with PLD.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
As a Panthers fan... Sure, I'll take a #1C + 1st round pick for our #2C. The only downside is trying to fix problems that are not there. I think that CBJ will not be doing this so that's the end of that.
What about my more realistic trafe?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah, um, no. Big fan of Trocheck's work, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers insisted on something like that, but no. We're likely better off just sticking with PLD.

Trocheck is almost PPG on a shity team. Of course PLD looks great, but he isn't on that level. I'm not sure he will be on that level even in a year or two. And Columbus is in a win now mode.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I don't think that there's a move to be made. The Panthers are just trying to get some scoring wingers and not trying to make any additional problems in the process.
I get it that's why I replaced your 2C with another and offered a kid who has the highest scoring potential of any winger on our team plus picks. Hell take out the picks and habe Abramov instead he's going to break a record for career goals win the Q I don't know if he has it yet or it's a little ways away but I saw someone post about him breaking it this year earlier in the season. Gives you tons of scoring for the win while staying deep at C.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I get it that's why I replaced your 2C with another and offered a kid who has the highest scoring potential of any winger on our team plus picks. Hell take out the picks and habe Abramov instead he's going to break a record for career goals win the Q I don't know if he has it yet or it's a little ways away but I saw someone post about him breaking it this year earlier in the season. Gives you tons of scoring for the win while staying deep at C.

Appreciated. Wennberg and Bjorkstrand are pretty good piece but they aren't making me hot 'n bothered. We have enough goal scoring prospects to make us think twice on adding more into the prospect pipeline. We're in a similar situation like CBJ is: trying to get out of the rebuild mode to contend. Unfortunately, Dale Tallon just sent both Reilly Smith and Marchessault packing to Vegas who'd we need right about now. We can trade future for immediate, veteran goal scoring to the wings i.e. JVR or Hoffman.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Vincent Trocheck for PLD + 1st

Columbus is getting legit 1C
Florida is getting young C with potential plus 1st round pick on a deep draft.

Trocheck is worth more to us then that package. This trade sets us back another year or two waiting on PLD getting to where Trocheck is.

Makes no sense for us at all, something that is important in a trade proposal, to help both teams.

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Appreciated. Wennberg and Bjorkstrand are pretty good piece but they aren't making me hot 'n bothered. We have enough goal scoring prospects to make us think twice on adding more into the prospect pipeline. We're in a similar situation like CBJ is: trying to get out of the rebuild mode to contend. Unfortunately, Dale Tallon just sent both Reilly Smith and Marchessault packing to Vegas who'd we need right about now. We can trade future for immediate, veteran goal scoring to the wings i.e. JVR or Hoffman.
I understand. I was happy to see someone not me make this. After a game I saw him play last year I fell for him and watched all through last year and this year. He is the perfect blue jacket. Plays Forward that 2 way style thay excels in torts system. Trocheck and Panarin were made for each other between their speed and defensive capabilities.

I tossed out Bjorkstrand because he's a now and Wenny to replace but there's really nothing more that isn't futures at that point or asking for adds from Florida because that's already a high value and of course you know that haha... I just want him =(

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
What? No we need a goal scorer and Wennberg is a near elite vision playmaker. He is returning from a injury that kept him out a month or so recently. Still a little beat up it allows right now. But he doesn't suck or he wouldt have the value of a 1b/2 center.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Love Trocheck, but I'm not sure the Jackets would give the pieces Florida would be entitled to asking for.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Would my Wennberg offer be closer Doc?
I'm not a Panthers "fan", but I've been on the Barkov bandwagon since his draft year, so I watch a ton of their games. Maybe Panthers fans would disagree, but I would take that deal if I were them. But perhaps I'm overly high on Bjorkstrand too and that's coloring my decision.

But if we were in a EHM sim league together and you offered that package, I'd take it. :nod:

harro92

Jan 22, 2009
Melbourne
Trocheck is my recent my god I'd love him in union blue but I don't do PLD for him in order to be successful we need to to be the 2C. But I would trade huge assets for Trocheck.

Wennberg + Bjorkstrand + 1st + 2019 2nd

For

Trocheck

Ps that's not quality for quantity those are all legit valuable pieces. A borderline 1B center, a top 6 RW although he isn't getting enough time when Atkinson is healthy because loaded right side. Plus a first and a 2nd the following year.

Pantauers say yes
Not sure about the blue jackets

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Trocheck is worth more to us then that package. This trade sets us back another year or two waiting on PLD getting to where Trocheck is.

Makes no sense for us at all, something that is important in a trade proposal, to help both teams.
I think you might be slightly underestimating how PLD is doing nowadays, but otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't want to give up Trocheck if I had him either.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think you might be slightly underestimating how PLD is doing nowadays, but otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't want to give up Trocheck if I had him either.

I do understand the value of the trade. It's probably fair and in a couple years would favor us but right now Trocheck is nearly untouchable. We need to build the second line around him, not trade him away for a player that might/likely be better than him in 2-3 years.

If anything, CBJ should hope to keep their cap down as much as possible and keep that core together for as long as possible. PLD on ELC for next 3 years is a steal. I'd stay the course and keep drafting any potential weaknesses. I don't see many.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad