Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Caps, 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
As I said, without a loaded team Trotz hockey will struggle mightily to score.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I know one of his selling points for Washington was "stability" and getting to play center constantly, but I think I'd be willing to try him on the wing pretty soon. I liked the shift that he and Backstrom had together after Backstrom came out of the penalty box. Put Graovac on IR and call-up Stephenson to play 3C/4C.

Stephenson is terrible, he's even worse than Eller. Just wait for Graovac to be healthy again and have him play center for Eller.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Only good thing about this game was watching Djoos get more experience and that beauty of a goal. Wilson had a good hit, but other than that a sleep inducing game. Got beat at home by the Panthers with Reimer. Let that sink in.

Go Caps!

Reactions: RandyHolt

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This.

Trotz Is not going to last long this season.

Not that this is all his fault. But we’ve all seen the movie. Coach firing is next scene.

Pretty much this. The writing is on the wall. The road trip is going to be a big test with this team. The games in Edmonton and Calgary are potential blowout losses.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Graovac has better numbers than Stephenson at every level. He has a bigger frame and has better puck protection abilities than Stephenson.
He rarely uses his size to effectively protect the puck. Neither of them will be good offensively in the NHL, but Stephenson is significantly better as a defender and penalty killer (which the role the 4C has on this team). Not to mention Stephenson can actually win a faceoff.

Plus Graovac is week-to-week right now, so I'm not sure why he's even relevant.

Also, Stephenson had a had trick tonight.

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Defeated (on home ice) by one of two useless team in the NHL (Arizona and Florida). :thumbd::thumbd::thumbd:
btw, I thought slashing was eliminating from the game? Not against the Caps I see.

29:48 for Carlson:help::help: Nisky come back soon please.

Mistake by Djoos on the 1st goal > His goal. I know it's only his 6th game, and he has 3 points, but you can't play like that in your own end. And this goal, just after a minute or two, sets the pace for the rest of the game. If you're afraid of being hit, you don't play hockey.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Defeated (on home ice) by one of two useless team in the NHL (Arizona and Florida). :thumbd::thumbd::thumbd:
btw, I thought slashing was eliminating from the game? Not against the Caps I see.

29:48 for Carlson:help::help: Nisky come back soon please.

Mistake by Djoos on the 1st goal > His goal. I know it's only his 6th game, and he has 3 points, but you can't play like that in your own end. And this goal, just after a minute or two, sets the pace for the rest of the game. If you're afraid of being hit, you don't play hockey.
Ya Djoos messed up on that first goal. Looked like he was worried about getting hit. If Holtby was playing things may have turned out different since he likes to play the puck.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Still doesn't change the fact that the Caps dominated every game of the series except for game 2 and game 7.
I also felt the Caps were the better team for good parts of that series. The Pens took advantage of their opportunities. We didn't.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He rarely uses his size to effectively protect the puck. Neither of them will be good offensively in the NHL, but Stephenson is significantly better as a defender and penalty killer (which the role the 4C has on this team). Not to mention Stephenson can actually win a faceoff.

Plus Graovac is week-to-week right now, so I'm not sure why he's even relevant.

Also, Stephenson had a had trick tonight.

I'm not sure why Stephenson is relevant either. Bringing him up is unnecessary. Quite frankly, neither Stephenson nor Graovac will do a better job than Eller at center. Eller is in a slump, but objectively he's a better player and a better center than Graovac or Stephenson.

I think that Trotz should start by switching Beagle and Eller.

Sep 19, 2008
What's with all the purple at the games now. I have STH and I have gone to every game so far and it's mostly been purple all over the lower bowl. Yesterday was especially bad in the 3rd period but people probably saw enough. Yeesh. The Caps used to sell out every game and there was so much red around. Ain't like that no more.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I'm not sure why Stephenson is relevant either. Bringing him up is unnecessary. Quite frankly, neither Stephenson nor Graovac will do a better job than Eller at center. Eller is in a slump, but objectively he's a better player and a better center than Graovac or Stephenson.

I think that Trotz should start by switching Beagle and Eller.
Is Eller in a slump? He is playing the same way he always has. He shows sign but is a bit inconsistent. I don't mind Eller but I don't think he is worth his salary. Stephenson can do what he does for a lot less. We don't really have many options.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Is Eller in a slump? He is playing the same way he always has. He shows sign but is a bit inconsistent. I don't mind Eller but I don't think he is worth his salary. Stephenson can do what he does for a lot less. We don't really have many options.

Usually he's more productive than that. While we're all complaining about his game, he and DSP assisted on the only goal yesterday. He can be better, but we also need Connolly and Chiasson to get their heads out of their asses.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Stephenson > Graovac (especially at center).
You say that about Stephenson yet he leads Hershey with 6 goals in 5 games scoring at even strength, on the pp and shorthanded. He is a good 2way player and is good on faceoffs.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Breaking news: Lars Eller still sucks. I wonder if the Habs want him back?

Also wonder where is the 'trade Holtby' -crew now. This team could still be pointless if Grubauer was their starting goalie. He's having a terrible start to the season.

Reactions: ovikovy817

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Usually he's more productive than that. While we're all complaining about his game, he and DSP assisted on the only goal yesterday. He can be better, but we also need Connolly and Chiasson to get their heads out of their asses.
Look at Ellers career. He has never been consistently productive. He is OK defensively but not stellar. He has been better on faceoffs this season but I don't think the did well last night. I agree about Connolly and Chaisson. Especially Connolly. This guy was a high draft pick by Tampa a few years ago. There is a reason he is on his 3rd team in his short career.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Breaking news: Lars Eller still sucks. I wonder if the Habs want him back?

Also wonder where is the 'trade Holtby' -crew now. This team could still be pointless if Grubauer was their starting goalie. He's having a terrible start to the season.
. The biggest problem with Eller is what we pay him. And for trading Holtby, forget that. I'd like to say trade Grubauer but I don't think we would get much.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Look at Ellers career. He has never been consistently productive. He is OK defensively but not stellar. He has been better on faceoffs this season but I don't think the did well last night. I agree about Connolly and Chaisson. Especially Connolly. This guy was a high draft pick by Tampa a few years ago. There is a reason he is on his 3rd team in his short career.

Eller is a 30 point forward, that's 3rd line production. I think he needs to simplify his game, he tries to deke far too often. If I was him, I'd just try to gain speed in the neutral zone and put the puck on net. I'd put DSP on his line, he doesn't mind going to the net to collect rebound.

Connolly is a huge disappointment.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Grubauer has been absolutely hung out to dry by the defense in all 3 games he's played. He was great against Tampa and mortal in the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad