Post-Game Talk: Panthers @ Capitals - 10/19/18- Plan The Parade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Huby still isn’t playing to his potential but he was better tonight . Hoffman was aweful. He’s always on the wrong side of the puck. 4 th line was demolished tonight. Barkov has been average and I expect him to dominate tomorrow’s game he has a much easier matchup than the first few games. Hopefully matheson settles in tomorrow cause he has the potential to carry the second pairing and log big minutes. 1-2-2 with an aweful schedule and atrocious goaltending. Just need average goaltending and I think the team starts rolling

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
We were winless and took the W from the favorites.

Tomorrow Detroit’s winless and ..... (this is panthers hockey and I’m going to watch at BBT so ....)

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
and they say caps fans aren't funny. but seriously your announcer and color commentator are the best in the game.

I never watch our feed against u guys. their banter b4 barkovs shootout attempt and after was classic. they braced themselves for the pain and then just accepted it.
They talked about Barkov quite a bit tonight. Why not? Barkov is one if the best 2 way players in the league.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Was wattching the scoreboard and when the Caps tied I thought that these f***ing losers f***ed it up again.

Well, thyey found away. They may be losers but they're our losers.

And yeah, Reimer was complete dog shit tonight. He's nothing more than a backup at this point. Give Hutch the job.

Reactions: pantherbot

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Was wattching the scoreboard and when the Caps tied I thought that these ****ing losers ****ed it up again.

Well, thyey found away. They may be losers but they're our losers.

And yeah, Reimer was complete dog **** tonight. He's nothing more than a backup at this point. Give Hutch the job.

Highly debatable. He'd struggle in the AHL. Not joking.

If Hutch holds down the fort, waiving/trading Reimer has to be considered because you can't have Sateri 2.0 where you punish Hutch, give Reimer his job back and watch James f*** up his starts to the tune of Florida missing by 1 point.....again.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Highly debatable. He'd struggle in the AHL. Not joking.

If Hutch holds down the fort, waiving/trading Reimer has to be considered because you can't have Sateri 2.0 where you punish Hutch, give Reimer his job back and watch James **** up his starts to the tune of Florida missing by 1 point.....again.

When Reims is on he's great but it's like buying a lottery ticket with him

Reactions: Vilam

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Also got a good chuckle out of Boughners comment about balancing the lineup with Hoffman on the fourth line. Balancing my ass! The guy had 7min of PP and 5min on 5v5 lol. I don't think I've ever seen a guy get more time on the PP than 5v5 .

But in the end it works, i would like to see the same with Yandle. Yandle played the same methode the Year in NY. Got more PP Time then IceTime if it was possible. Since Yandle games is based as PP Player.
But then, with all the Contract and Cap Issues and his lack in Defensive play, Rangers pass on him.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Just watched the game, that was a wild one.

Trocheck, Barkov, Huberdeau all had fantastic games.

The defense and goaltending once again crapped the bed. For some reason they struggle with puck management entering the zone, and Reimer can't stop a beach ball right now. The Weegar penalty was total garbage and a gift for the Caps, but Ekblad was nowhere to be found on the backdoor play. He was caught sleeping.

It's great that they won, but they can't bleed goals like this and expect to remain in contention. Let's hope they can keep their heads above water long enough before Luongo gets back.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Also got a good chuckle out of Boughners comment about balancing the lineup with Hoffman on the fourth line. Balancing my ass! The guy had 7min of PP and 5min on 5v5 lol. I don't think I've ever seen a guy get more time on the PP than 5v5 .
And he was aweful 5 on 5 and on the pp. somehow a -3 with those minutes. I wouldn’t be against scratching him for a game. He cheats for offense which I can’t handle. If your not producing 5 on 5 then get back to the basics and the offense will come. Coach can’t trust him and I don’t blame him one bit

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
And he was aweful 5 on 5 and on the pp. somehow a -3 with those minutes. I wouldn’t be against scratching him for a game. He cheats for offense which I can’t handle. If your not producing 5 on 5 then get back to the basics and the offense will come. Coach can’t trust him and I don’t blame him one bit

Way to miss a point. Which was Boogie was full of shit with his comments about balancing the lineup.

-3 sure non of the goal were his fault. I guess the coach can't trust Lammikko either (5min total ice time) or Brouwer.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
a WIN! f*** YEEAAAA

frnXxyM.gif

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Way to miss a point. Which was Boogie was full of **** with his comments about balancing the lineup.

-3 sure non of the goal were his fault. I guess the coach can't trust Lammikko either (5min total ice time) or Brouwer.
Yes they were bad and game script didn’t allow it. U can’t play that line in the third after how they played the first two periods. Simple as that

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Also Ekblad lossed the guy on the backdoor twice.

He'll get it fixed though.
That pp goal is not his fault. Watch the damn replay. I’m sick of people
Blaming players for responsibilities that aren’t theirs. Passes are not supposed to go thru goalie. You really think ekblad is supposed to vacate net front to cover guy on side of net and leave a seam
Pass to ovi or whoever is In circle? U can’t cover everyone on a pp. goalie can’t let a pass go between his pads and stick. To argue otherwise is senseless

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Just watched the game, that was a wild one.

Trocheck, Barkov, Huberdeau all had fantastic games.

The defense and goaltending once again crapped the bed. For some reason they struggle with puck management entering the zone, and Reimer can't stop a beach ball right now. The Weegar penalty was total garbage and a gift for the Caps, but Ekblad was nowhere to be found on the backdoor play. He was caught sleeping.

It's great that they won, but they can't bleed goals like this and expect to remain in contention. Let's hope they can keep their heads above water long enough before Luongo gets back.

No love for Dadonov? Otherwise I agree with all you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad