LeBrun: Panthers ask for Hoffman's 10 team no-trade list

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Said it on our board but unless this is for a top 4 dman (which Florida badly needs) absolutely no reason to do this. Obviously if you need to choose between him and Panarin you take Panarin but there's zero reason to not wait until July 1st to see if you even get him before moving Hoff. If he's moved you're getting a very good winger.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Said it on our board but unless this is for a top 4 dman (which Florida badly needs) absolutely no reason to do this. Obviously if you need to choose between him and Panarin you take Panarin but there's zero reason to not wait until July 1st to see if you even get him before moving Hoff. If he's moved you're getting a very good winger.

Completely agree. Not sure what's the issue of waiting here. Do they have cap issues or something?

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
It makes a ton of sense. They are stacked with forwards and want to move out cap with the expectation of getting Panarin. He is the obvious choice. He should get a solid return and if they can move him before Stone they could get out ahead of the market.

Clearly they'd like a RHD with a defensive mindset but those are really hard to come by

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
It makes a ton of sense. They are stacked with forwards and want to move out cap with the expectation of getting Panarin. He is the obvious choice. He should get a solid return and if they can move him before Stone they could get out ahead of the market.

Clearly they'd like a RHD with a defensive mindset but those are really hard to come by
I don't really think you've provided an argument for why they should trade him before he signs. You can go 10% over the cap in the summer and Florida's not remotely close to the cap anyways. What if Panarin goes to New York and they moved Hoffman for picks now? Huge hole at wing in 2020. Just seems nuts to move him before Panarin comes.

Completely agree. Not sure what's the issue of waiting here. Do they have cap issues or something?

Zilch

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island

so-it-begins-5b8182.jpg

Reactions: gab6511

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I don't really think you've provided an argument for why they should trade him before he signs. You can go 10% over the cap in the summer and Florida's not remotely close to the cap anyways. What if Panarin goes to New York and they moved Hoffman for picks now? Huge hole at wing.

Zilch

I think if FLA is dead set on Pana and Bob, along with reports that they might want to be a package deal, I don't see much reason to not assume that's what will happen. Either way no matter what I think, if Tallon feels that it is likely he'll likely go for it, the guy balls hard.

Even if they miss out, they have Tippett, Deni and Heppo all on the way and are clearly looking to shake things up. Its a low risk, high reward move depending on the return.

Their top line and top 6 centers are set. You can play around with 2nd line wingers if the price is right when you have clear replacements for them

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He's exactly what Dallas needs. Only problem is we don't have what the Panthers need

Reactions: Meeqs

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I mean maybe they got a crazy offer for him or something and need his trade list to make sure the team isn't on it? Idfk. I dont see why you would trade him

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Hoffman for Bobrovsky

Conditional 2nd for Howard (first if CBJ makes it to the ECF)

3 Team trade for Panarin

CBJ sends Panarin to NSH & Milano to OTT
NSH sends 1st + young top prospect to OTT
OTT sends Duchene to CBJ

Or substitute Winnipeg in for NSH where CBJ gets Roslovic +

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad