Post-Game Talk: Panthers 3 @ Golden Knights 9 - 6/13/23 - That run was a lot of fun!

Do you Believe?

• Total voters

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If I was told at the start of the season, that the Panthers would be playing on June 13th, I'd think you were crazy!

If I was told that in June that I'd be walking after being in a wheelchair since August, I'd think you were crazy!

This June 13th marks 10 years I've been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
To me, it's the most unluckiest day on the calendar.

Time for the luck to change...

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
If I was told at the start of the season, that the Panthers would be playing on June 13th, I'd think you were crazy!

If I was told that in June that I'd be walking after being in a wheelchair since August, I'd think you were crazy!

View attachment 717117

Is that clip you?

Still faster than Ekblad.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021

View attachment 717117

Glad you’re doing well.
Keep it up man.
You look like a cyborg.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Looking good @Tkachuk Temperament

Honestly this has been such a fantastic run, truly some of the most fun moments ever, The 4 OT where everyone was asleep, beating the Bruins, taking the Leafs in 5, we actually have so much of the hockey world hating us, it's fantastic! I wouldn't change this run for anything but it truly sucks it's coming to an end (let's be realistic, thoroughly outplayed and Chucky+Eetu+Gudas injuries, can only tip your cap).

Literally the only thing that scares me is "what if this was it" I think these playoffs have shown, regular season doesn't have much meaning. Tampa and Boston are on a downturn but Carolina and Toronto will be very good next year, my only worry is what if this is as close as it gets. No one thought it would take 27 years to be back, I'm sure no Leafs fans thought it would be 56+ years.

Need a couple depth forwards (more than enough cap) need top 4 defense help BADLY (going to be very hard with how barren the blue line market is.)

I have no doubt about playoffs next year, I just hope this is our 2015 Lightning/2018 Vegas moment and not a '96 redux.

I will probably be off a few weeks but will be back for free agent frenzy. At least our #1 goal of f***ing the Habs pick was accomplished. It was a top 10 pick 2 months ago! What a ride.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Looking good @Tkachuk Temperament

Honestly this has been such a fantastic run, truly some of the most fun moments ever, The 4 OT where everyone was asleep, beating the Bruins, taking the Leafs in 5, we actually have so much of the hockey world hating us, it's fantastic! I wouldn't change this run for anything but it truly sucks it's coming to an end (let's be realistic, thoroughly outplayed and Chucky+Eetu+Gudas injuries, can only tip your cap).

Literally the only thing that scares me is "what if this was it" I think these playoffs have shown, regular season doesn't have much meaning. Tampa and Boston are on a downturn but Carolina and Toronto will be very good next year, my only worry is what if this is as close as it gets. No one thought it would take 27 years to be back, I'm sure no Leafs fans thought it would be 56+ years.

Need a couple depth forwards (more than enough cap) need top 4 defense help BADLY (going to be very hard with how barren the blue line market is.)

I have no doubt about playoffs next year, I just hope this is our 2015 Lightning/2018 Vegas moment and not a '96 redux.

I will probably be off a few weeks but will be back for free agent frenzy. At least our #1 goal of f***ing the Habs pick was accomplished. It was a top 10 pick 2 months ago! What a ride.

Hate the “what if this is it?” feeling too. Part of me is like I don’t even want to watch the regular season because it seems like it hardly matters. Next year’s playoffs feel like an eternity away And this year proved how difficult it really is to win.

I’m still convinced Hill and Vegas are completely beatable/mortal but tough with the injuries, refs, and one-in-a-million saves (which you could argue all of which we got our fair share of luck with too).

Last edited:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I’m at peace with our run ending. Even if this isn’t the ending I wanted, this has been the most fun I’ve had watching a playoff run and I’ve made some great memories. The overtime wins, the underdog mentality, overcoming deficits, slaying Goliath in round one, beating Toronto and then Carolina, Bobrovsky playing his best hockey as a Panther. It was all magic.

Championship or not, nobody can ever take those things away from this organization.

As far as the “it’s going to be another 27 years” sentiment - I don’t buy that for a second. Bill Zito has proven himself to be one of the best managers in the league. We have the pieces, especially with Tkachuk here, we have the right front office and we have the buy-in from ownership.

I don’t just say this because I love our franchise and want it to succeed, that’s obviously true, but I believe based on the direction we’re headed, the talent we have here and who we have managing the team - we’ll be back.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Man I don't feel upset or sad at all. This has been an amazing ride and it's not over yet. Maybe because I'm more of a 'the journey is what matters' kind of guy more than 'the destination'.

Of course I want us to win the Cup. It would be so amazing. But I also recognize it's incredibly hard in a 32 team league. So I try to enjoy the journey as much as I can for all the ups and downs. It's been the hardest path ever to the Cup final, that's crazy.

We've got a good team and I can be confident the next 10 years are going to be fun. Will we win the Cup or even get back in the Final? Who knows. But I do know that at least we have a team (players, coaches, management, ownership) that's all pulling in the right direction now and working toward that goal every season.

I've never been more excited to be a Panther fan. We've been through some dark dark years. I think we're now just at the cusp of some good things to come.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

IMG_3904.jpeg

Reactions: PSLguy

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
I feel the same about the injuries. When the roster isn't stacked everybody has to be healthy and play at the highest level every night. Now it's not possible anymore.
I am still most worried about Maurice. I'm not sure whether he is able to develop the team to the right direction. There is a possibility that this was once in a lifetime ride for those players or just a beginning for becoming winners.

About Carolina and Toronto. Well, Toronto is going to have cap problems and huge pressure from the fans. Carolina doesn't have good enough top players. Of course Toronto could send Nylander to Carolina to make some cap space and Carolina would get better. All in all, I'm not worried about any team. I'm only worried about how good Panthers roster can become and whether Maurice is a cup winning coach or not. We still have $14.5 buried in goalies and that sucks when you need a more injury proof roster.

Florida has momentum now and should in my opinion make some significant changes this summer to improve the team. They can attract players now.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
I've never been more excited to be a Panther fan. We've been through some dark dark years. I think we're now just at the cusp of some good things to come.
I haven't been as excited during the finals as I was during the Leafs and Canes series. The reason for that was a too long break before the finals started. It was mentally and physically too demanding to stay awake nights to watch those so hard and tight games. It was doable when the schedule was to play every second night but then when there was a 10 day break, it wasn't possible to build up that excitement anymore. Body and mind didn't respond and with 2 losses in Vegas it felt like I had an empty balloon in hand.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I’ve already made me peace if this happens to be the last game. But holy moly would another 3-1 comeback cap off a most beautiful playoff run!!

-ghoste
Yeah, it absolutely would be fantastic. Team is tunning out of gas though... if we for once could score first, we'd have a shot. But we almost always trail. Too demanding over 4 PO series...

Reactions: I am not exposed

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Going to sound weird (sorry) and homo (yo it’s 2023): good facial hair bro
I'm usually clean shaven. Thought I was growing a "playoff beard " for like 10 days. I'm in uncharted territory now.

I have a good friends wedding on the 23rd. He has a big beard. I'll be keeping it for that now (clean it up though.) All I've been doing is trimming the hair growing over the upper lip after every round.

Reactions: violaswallet

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
At FLL on my way back home and got a couple comments since I’m wearing my Panthers hoodie:

1. TSA agent - “they’re going down”

2. Another passenger: “Are the panthers still in it?”

Me: “Yeah but they’re about to be out of it.”

Passenger: “well that just means we’ll have to cheer a little bit harder. I like to see the team that’s unexpected do well. They took out my hurricanes so I hope they win”

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
At FLL on my way back home and got a couple comments since I’m wearing my Panthers hoodie:

1. TSA agent - “they’re going down”

2. Another passenger: “Are the panthers still in it?”

Me: “Yeah but they’re about to be out of it.”

Passenger: “well that just means we’ll have to cheer a little bit harder. I like to see the team that’s unexpected do well. They took out my hurricanes so I hope they win”

Another reason why the TSA should be disbanded.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I do have hope, like I’ve said before I’ll never lose it even if we’re down 3-0 in the 3rd. But I just don’t know how we’re going to pull it off. It’s a building we’ve never won before and we’re going in without Luostar and with Tkachuk missing an arm. Vegas ain’t Boston. They’re not giving away the puck or or space for shots like Vegas is. It reminds me of the Tampa series last year with regards to how suffocating their D is while ours gives a breakaway every other shift….guess we’ll see if Eric Staal or Colin White step up right…lol

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hate the “what if this is it?” feeling too. Part of me is like I don’t even want to watch the regular season because it seems like it hardly matters. Next year’s playoffs feel like an eternity away And this year proved how difficult it really is to win.

I’m still convinced Hill and Vegas are completely beatable/mortal but tough with the injuries, refs, and one-in-a-million saves (which you could argue all of which we got our fair share of luck with too).
Well it was definitely an adventure to get in, hopefully it's a bit easier next year lol. Vegas was disrespected coming into the playoffs (Jets were favored by many) but they have just been too good through the neutral zone. I really feel that (aside from game 2) Florida hasn't played much differently than vs Toronto or Carolina at even strength, it's just special teams let them down game 1 and game 4 was a loss in a game they would have won other rounds. Game 4 is a win vs Toronto or Carolina.

Reactions: batting1k

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Well it was definitely an adventure to get in, hopefully it's a bit easier next year lol. Vegas was disrespected coming into the playoffs (Jets were favored by many) but they have just been too good through the neutral zone. I really feel that (aside from game 2) Florida hasn't played much differently than vs Toronto or Carolina at even strength, it's just special teams let them down game 1 and game 4 was a loss in a game they would have won other rounds. Game 4 is a win vs Toronto or Carolina.
Tkachuk injury was game four. I was certain Tkachuk was going to score with 2 minutes left but alas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad