Rumor: Panthers 1st rounder (15th) in play?

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Given their timetable, I'm guessing that player + pick is what Tallon has in mind

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Just out of curiosity how do Panther's fans feel Matheson has been. Haven't kept up too much with him.

He's a clone of Brian Campbell, can skate like the wind, move the puck and the offense will come if hes paired with a more defensive minded partner. Has a bit of grit to his game but not a fighter, he's easily our best skating defenseman on the team.

He has some brain farts but with only 2 seasons under his belt, most Panther fans assume he's got 1st line potential in him and should be a solid 2 way guy capable of 35-40pts within two years.

What's considered a ton :)

I'd go 2018 1st + 2019 2nd + Pysyk/Petrovic + Heponiemi/Malgin + Reimer (50% retained)

For

Buff + Comrie + 2018 3rd

Helps clear space for ya, gives ya a 1st this year and 2nd next year, Pysyk is still a top 4 guy behind Trouba. Hepo is a boom or bust guy or Malgin is a speedy C/RW, Reimer comes home

Florida gets a much needed RD, goalie prospect and a mid round pick this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laus723

Holy Jokinen

Mar 4, 2007
Tampa
This has moving down in the 1st written all over it. We don't have the cap space to swap a pick for a roster player without moving some salary.

After the Hoffman trade we need to fill out our draft sheet. So trade down and get some more picks.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Just out of curiosity how do Panther's fans feel Matheson has been. Haven't kept up too much with him.

Overall good. Was shaky to start the beginning of the season, but his potential is great. Happy to have him on our team. I thought we jumped the gun on his contract extension, but he should be worth it. He's a top 4 D, with first pairing potential. His skating is great.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He does? I wouldn't count on it.

Tied for 3rd in voting in OHL by coaches for best defensive defenseman in Eastern Conference. Still has a ton of work to do but give a quick read on DeFranks write up on him last week, he also sees 2nd pairing guy if all goes right. He will have to fight with Gildon for a spot but Stillman is headed to AHL where Gildon is headed back to college which allows Riley to learn the pro game quicker.

Overshadowed by impact forwards, which young defensemen are in Panthers' system?

RalphyDanger

"Where's the Hustle Boys!"
Nov 1, 2010
DeAngelo + #26

For #15

Panthers get somebody who can play behind Ekblad and Yandle. Who’s young and has NHL experience.

Rangers move up 11 spots. I know you guys want AD back in Florida.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
If this is the case as a TML fan I would be open to flipping 25 and 52. Just don’t know if the two picks value is close.

The kid from the Greyhounds seem to be pushing up hard but if he was available at 15 I would be all over it.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Moving up in the teens will cost you the second rounder we have.

I wouldn’t do it myself. I’m fine with 14 and 19 and I think with our scouting we can get a good prospect at 50 as well. Doesn’t seem worth it to me.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
He's a clone of Brian Campbell, can skate like the wind, move the puck and the offense will come if hes paired with a more defensive minded partner. Has a bit of grit to his game but not a fighter, he's easily our best skating defenseman on the team.

He has some brain farts but with only 2 seasons under his belt, most Panther fans assume he's got 1st line potential in him and should be a solid 2 way guy capable of 35-40pts within two years.

I'd go 2018 1st + 2019 2nd + Pysyk/Petrovic + Heponiemi/Malgin + Reimer (50% retained)

For

Buff + Comrie + 2018 3rd

Helps clear space for ya, gives ya a 1st this year and 2nd next year, Pysyk is still a top 4 guy behind Trouba. Hepo is a boom or bust guy or Malgin is a speedy C/RW, Reimer comes home

Sorry, if you want Buff, only 2 players are off intresse, we went to western final, dont want picks and prospects for him...
Up to you to figure out which players I mean..

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

For

Buff + Comrie + 2018 3rd

Don't think so, would rather keep him.
Wingers are the Jets' strongest position in the NHL/Prospects so getting a W prospect back is not super attractive or needed. (3/4 top 6 wingers are 22-U, and have Vesalainen and Appleton in the farm). I think better roster players would be asked for since the Jets are competing now.

No interest in Myers at all eh?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Don't think so, would rather keep him.
Wingers are the Jets' strongest position in the NHL/Prospects so getting a W prospect back is not super attractive or needed. (3/4 top 6 wingers are 22-U, and have Vesalainen and Appleton in the farm). I think better roster players would be asked for since the Jets are competing now.

No interest in Myers at all eh?

For the cost of Myers and him being a more offensive minded defenseman, not really. Add in the new contract and it just seems like a lot to give up and then hand out.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
If Caps covet someone at 15 maybe they send #31 and #46 for it? Assuming they land a first in a Grubauer deal, they might be able to have a big day.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Petry + pick for #15 (Maybe florida adds a D depending on the pick we add/cap) ??

Is there a deal here with Petry + and #15 as a base or not? just curious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad