Rumor: Panthers 1st rounder (15th) in play?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Would Panthers entertain 15th overall for Simmonds? If they can discuss extension with him prior.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Someone will be there at 15 who probably shouldnt have dropped. That's where they'll end up making a deal but can only see making a deal to trade down. Probably a team like NYR, DET or Montreal who have multiple picks either late in 1st or early in 2nd.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Petry + pick for #15 (Maybe florida adds a D depending on the pick we add/cap) ??

Is there a deal here with Petry + and #15 as a base or not? just curious

Ya I'd do a deal around 15th + Malgin/Petrovic + 2019 3rd (if Byron re-signs)

For

Petry + Byron

Would Panthers entertain 15th overall for Simmonds? If they can discuss extension with him prior.

Simmer is one of my fave players but his next deal gives me Lucic like nightmares.
Tough call but I'd pass as I think we're set up front now.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Simmer is one of my fave players but his next deal gives me Lucic like nightmares.
Tough call but I'd pass as I think we're set up front now.

He is better than Lucic and shiftier. The Panthers offense would suddenly be pretty darn scary with Barkov, Huberdeau, Dadonov, Hoffman, Simmonds, Trochek, Borgstrom, Bjugstad. Holy. And you can't get a better locker room player than Simmonds. I actually think he would help take FLA to the next level.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He is better than Lucic and shiftier. The Panthers offense would suddenly be pretty darn scary with Barkov, Huberdeau, Dadonov, Hoffman, Simmonds, Trochek, Borgstrom, Bjugstad. Holy. And you can't get a better locker room player than Simmonds. I actually think he would help take FLA to the next level.

Don't forget Tippett too.

I agree on him being better than Lucic and he is pretty healthy for the style of game he plays.
Just may be difficult getting everyone under the cap and future contracts with him and Hoffman needing news deals next year and year after respectively.

We would probably have a top 5 offense in the league, again it'd be a very tough call for me.
If you take Bjugstad back then sure.

15th + Bjugstad

For

Simmonds + 2nd + something (goalie prospect or RD prospect)

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Don't forget Tippett too.

I agree on him being better than Lucic and he is pretty healthy for the style of game he plays.
Just may be difficult getting everyone under the cap and future contracts with him and Hoffman needing news deals next year and year after respectively.

We would probably have a top 5 offense in the league, again it'd be a very tough call for me.
If you take Bjugstad back then sure.

15th + Bjugstad

For

Simmonds + 2nd + something (goalie prospect or RD prospect)

Now that the draft is over, what do you think about a straight Simmonds (with an extension agreed upon) for Tippett swap?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad