Panarin vs. Pastrnak

Which one is better?

• Total voters

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Pastrnak plays in the best line in the league so you have to give Panarin the benefit of the doubt. He can play with nobodies on his line.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Panarin.

Give Pastranak Strome in place of Bergeron and his numbers plummet.

Panarin scored 95 points with Strome and Fast last season, that is RIDICULOUS. The level of talent they play with isn't remotely close.

Panarin seems to be doing just fine this season playing with Strome and Buchnevich. And Buchnevich is definitely major step up from Fast offensively, but its still not close to the elite support that Pastrnak has.

Panarin produces just as much with half the talent.
"Plummet" eh? Have you checked his stats while Bergeron has been injured? I'm assuming you didnt know Bergeron has been injured often.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
wow Pastrnak is winning this? Panarin had arguably the best year out of anyone last year.

plays on a 5v5 line with who, Ryan Strome and Pavel Buchnevich?

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
This poll imo, is alot closer than the Panarin-Marner one.

Gonna go slight edge to Pasta, as much as it pains me.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
This place is wierd. Panarin won similar poll 3 months ago 75-25%. Suddenly few games later Pastrnak is winning.
Isn't that the way of HF? Player has a good week, month or season and they are canonized. In the case of Pasta and Panarin, they have both proven to be at the top of the league for more than a minute.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
This place is wierd. Panarin won similar poll 3 months ago 75-25%. Suddenly few games later Pastrnak is winning.

Maybe people realize that Pastrnak is going to be challenging for the rocket for the foreseeable future while providing similar production to Panarin. If they both are capable of 100+ point but Pasta is also capable of 50+ goals, how can you not take him?

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I went with Bread because I think he's getting along with less to work with. Pasta gets to play on the best line in hockey.

But, I would take Pasta because he's younger and just about as good

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Imagine Panarin with Bergeron and Marchand instead of whatever average players he plays with in NYR and Columbus before that... It's pretty close but I'll definitely go Panarin.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Maybe people realize that Pastrnak is going to be challenging for the rocket for the foreseeable future while providing similar production to Panarin. If they both are capable of 100+ point but Pasta is also capable of 50+ goals, how can you not take him?

But nothing changed in last 3 months they both had similiar production last year with Pastrnak winning Rocket.
Yet Hart voting and last poll gave significant edge to Panarin.

CTZ181

Jan 18, 2021
Panarin. Guy's speed and stick handling ability are best in the league after like McDavid and maybe Kucherov.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Pasta is a better goalscorer, but Panarin is a clearly better 5v5 player. Worse linemates, more points, better defense, better possession player, and greater effect on GF%. Pasta is much better on the PP, though again, with more support. PP is important, but 5v5 is typically more valuable, as the 2011 Bruins can attest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad