Panarin vs. Pastrnak

Which one is better?

• Total voters

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Panarin slightly he's been a one man Army since he left Chicago.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think they’re both dynamite offensively but Pasta has become a little bit more complete overall, probably as a function of learning from Bergeron and Marchand each game. He used to be very one dimensional but that’s no longer the case. He’s also a lot stronger than even a year or two ago it seems

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Panarin.

Give Pastranak Strome in place of Bergeron and his numbers plummet.

Panarin scored 95 points with Strome and Fast last season, that is RIDICULOUS. The level of talent they play with isn't remotely close.

Panarin seems to be doing just fine this season playing with Strome and Buchnevich. And Buchnevich is definitely major step up from Fast offensively, but its still not close to the elite support that Pastrnak has.

Panarin produces just as much with half the talent.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Panarin.

Panarin scored 95 points with Strome and Fast last season, that is RIDICULOUS. The level of talent they play with isn't remotely close.

Panarin seems to be doing just fine this season playing with Strome and Buchnevich. And Buchnevich is definitely major step up from Fast offensively, but its still not close to the elite support that Pastrnak has.

This ignores the fact that Pastrnaks production actually increases while Bergeron is injured.

Over a fairly large sample size as well, Bergeron has had a lot of injuries over the past 3 seasons.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Panarin.

Pastrnak scored PPG (21 in 21) as an 18 yr old rookie with Ryan Spooner and Lucic and getting no PP time

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
this. i remember him putting up big numbers with Riley Nash as his centre.

The linemate argument is the worst when it comes to Pasta/Marchand, because its verifiably not true, over a fairly decent sample size at that.

Marchand and Pasta turned Riley Nash in to a PPG+ center for about a month long period. My opinion is that elite talents will produce essentially no matter who they're playing with, because they're just that good. (Panarin, Pasta, whoever).

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Panarin.
Pasta is a great goal scorer, but benefits tremendously from his linemates.
If anything, Panarin is hurt by his linemates.

Reactions: apollo18

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Both are extremely close, the two best wingers in the game right now since Kucherov isn't playing. I'd probably go with Panarin for just this season though if I had to pick.

Reactions: apollo18

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Good poll.

There’s no wrong answer here. Ones the better goal scorer, the other a better playmaker. Similar PPG’s. Just depends what kind of carb you prefer.

Crazy that Pasta is still just 24 years old.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Panarin.

He was actually better last year with Fast. Stats notwithstanding. But it was also a slow start for the whole team.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Assists and goals are no where near apples to apples. You can very easily get assist or even secondary assist with little or nothing to do with the goal being scored. (I’m not saying Panarin’s assists are little to do with the goals so don’t freak out on me).

With that being said, scoring a goal is the hardest thing you can do on the ice. Pasta has the ability to lead the league and score 50+ goals for the next 10 years. Both players are amazing but going with Pasta

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Two top-10, possibly top-5 players in the entire league. Hard to choose between them as they're probably similar in overall value, but I prefer a player like Pasta due to his elite ixG and goal scoring.

Wouldn't blame anyone for taking the more "complete" player in Panarin, but I just prefer a guy that has the ability to create ridiculous amounts of chances on his own with arguably the best finishing ability in the league.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think they’re both dynamite offensively but Pasta has become a little bit more complete overall, probably as a function of learning from Bergeron and Marchand each game. He used to be very one dimensional but that’s no longer the case. He’s also a lot stronger than even a year or two ago it seems

Panarin is absolutely a complete player.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Panarin is an amazing player, but Pastrnak is just on a whole other level in the goal-scoring department. Only a very tiny amount of players in the league I'd take over him right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad