Value of: Panarin to NJ

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
Panarin seems to be on the hot seat, so what do you think it would take for a team like New Jersey, who has been awfully quiet this offseason, to get him? I’m sure it would involve Severson and more.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
I would say possibly Damon Severson, John Quenneville,Jesper Bratt,2019 2nd round pick for Artemi Panarin and Sonny Milano??

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Feel like we are going to end up with a "All Panarin thread".

Don't see how Jersey is a fit, Columbus needs a winger in return.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Severson's shot at turning into a top pairing guy seems closed, so the last thing Columbus needs is him. NJ doesn't have the expendable forwards to land Panarin.

Reactions: Viqsi

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Let him ride a dual bike with Eichel to convince him to sign...Nylander and draft picks shall rain upon you via dumbas& botterill

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I don't really see a deal to be had between the two teams. The forwards Columbus needs aren't in Jersey. I feel like Hischier would be the ask from Columbus and obviously NJ isn't going to do that.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I’m not sure I see any sort of fit here in any way, shape or form... but the asking price would likely be at least top 6 forward, a top prospect, and a 1st.

... hypothetically, if the CBJ were trying to trade for him, for example... the offer would probably be Wennberg/Atkinson + Foudy/Carlsson+ 1st.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
1. They're not trading him in division unless it's an absurd overpay (And the team would want to have assurances on him re-signing, which isn't a guarantee)

2. They probably aren't going to trade him before the season starts, unless they get a offer they can't refuse.

3. If they do trade him, they want current players, not futures.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

member 157595

1. They're not trading him in division unless it's an absurd overpay (And the team would want to have assurances on him re-signing, which isn't a guarantee)

2. They probably aren't going to trade him before the season starts, unless they get a offer they can't refuse.

So you're saying you want defensemen prospects that shoot left-handed?

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
I’m not sure I see any sort of fit here in any way, shape or form... but the asking price would likely be at least top 6 forward, a top prospect, and a 1st.

... hypothetically, if the CBJ were trying to trade for him, for example... the offer would probably be Wennberg/Atkinson + Foudy/Carlsson+ 1st.
Palmieri+McLeod+1st for Panarin

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I don't really see a deal to be had between the two teams. The forwards Columbus needs aren't in Jersey. I feel like Hischier would be the ask from Columbus and obviously NJ isn't going to do that.

Probably this, unless Columbus settles for Zacha + McLeod + 2019 1st but I think Columbus can get a better fit elsewhere.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I would think Panarin would want to go to a team where he is the undisputed #1 LW

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

Basically this

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Number 2 and 3 are in direct opposition. A team dealing for him in season is not going to be subtracting from the NHL roster... and the Blue Jackets are not going to move him for futures in the middle of the playoff race. It's now or never. Rolling the dice on never and hoping he comes around is 100% a viable option, but if you don't want to get "Tavares'd", its time to deal him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad