Panarin or Pastrnak

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Got offered a trade today in my fantasy hockey league. I have Panarin and was offered Pastrnak straight up for him.

Would you guys make this deal?

Non-keeper league
Skater categories are: G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, +/-

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
This actually a pretty close one.
Many people may look at this and go "Panarin easily"....but I don't think it is that "easy"

Both are gonna get their points, they have proven that.
But looking at your categories, given G, A, P are going to be similar (with Pasta being a bit more evenly distributed between G and A), I think Pasta is a bit better on the PP, NEITHER are PK'ers, but Pasta, again, should be better on +/- due to playing on a better defensive team, and better in PIMs, seeing as how he plays a bit more physically than Bread Man (higher hit totals...which may lead to penalties or some rough stuff).

On top of that, remember that the Bruins are still contenders, while the Rangers, even though their rebuild is going nicely, ARE going to struggle mightily at times this year while they find their contender footing with some of the young players they have...so Panarin's numbers may suffer just a tad this season, while Pastrnak will keep rolling as a component of one of the best lines in hockey.

So, if Pasta is being offered up one for one, I'd go for that before the other GM changes his/her mind.
That said, you have Panarin now....you STILL have a good player who will do well in fantasy this year.

If you are on the fence, or feel that this would be a trade just for the sake of making a trade, then you wouldn't be terribly off by keeping Bread Man....it's a win-win for you.
But, for me, I'd go for Pasta quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad