Speculation: Panarin going to Chicago?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Year 1 might work but with Debrincat and Strome needing contracts and with no starting goalie signed I think there will be some trouble as soon as year 2.

They will cut Seabrook in some way shape or form. Whether its via standard buyout, a compliance buyout (pending the new CBA coming up), or they attach something to trade him, that will clear near $7 mil. No way he plays out that contract in Chicago. Saad likely wont be in chicago beyond the end of his current deal (2 years remaining).

At some point they might trade Keith too to make room for the glutton of D prospects coming up

I think they have a lot of moveable salary in the coming years to make strome and debrincat deals work and panarin if it happens.

But you make a good point about Crawford and seeing what the goalie situation and what that will cost when he's gone. Seems they are hoping Delia grows in to a starter and then one of Lankinen/Peeters/Nalimov makes their way up to the NHL to backup

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
They will cut Seabrook in some way shape or form. Whether its via standard buyout, a compliance buyout (pending the new CBA coming up), or they attach something to trade him, that will clear near $7 mil. No way he plays out that contract in Chicago. Saad likely wont be in chicago beyond the end of his current deal (2 years remaining).

At some point they might trade Keith too to make room for the glutton of D prospects coming up

I think they have a lot of moveable salary in the coming years to make strome and debrincat deals work and panarin if it happens.

But you make a good point about Crawford and seeing what the goalie situation and what that will cost when he's gone. Seems they are hoping Delia grows in to a starter and then one of Lankinen/Peeters/Nalimov makes their way up to the NHL to backup

Great insite. I do believe , Keith or Seabrook, along with anismov and saad get traded this summer. It's possible murphy gets moved if Seabrook is still here.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Well marner would have signed long term last offseason for 9 mill per .

But that's pretty much the only way you get a guy to sign a year early is by throwing out a perceived overpayment at the time.

Yeah I'm sure bowman will try but Skinner is about to get paid off a 40 goal season, debrincat definitely knows that.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

While this might be overthinking things, Panarin posted on his IG account a video of him boxing training and ends his caption (mostly in Russian) with "P.Kane, I am coming for you!"

It's well known that him and Kane were good friends and kept in contact over the years, so this might just be a playful jab (pun intended) but its also been documented they text each other, meet for dinner when they are in town together, and Chicago would have interest in bringing him pack, pending the contract is not through the roof

Looks like interesting timing for a post like this about 3 weeks out from FA

This post is clearly a joke about him fighting Patrick Kane. Not playing in Chicago. This is as big as a reach as CBJ fans saying "He's wearing a CBJ shirt, he's re-signing!"

Chicago and Columbus have an equal chance of getting/keeping Panarin. Nearly zero.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016

Any move of Seabrooke or Keith could be wishful thinking.
Seabrooke has a full no-movement for the next three years and a modified no-trade for years 4 and 5.
Keith has a full no-movement for the remaining four years of his contract.
Both Seabrooke and Keith are on cap recapture contracts so if they are bought out or retire Chicago will be subject to cap recapture penalties, although there may be compliance buyouts with the new CBA as you suggest.
Probably their best bet is for them to stay with Chicago and come up with some bogus ailments so that they can be LTIRetired so they don't count against the cap but I don't see this happening over the next 3 years.

Reactions: cobra427

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

While this might be overthinking things, Panarin posted on his IG account a video of him boxing training and ends his caption (mostly in Russian) with "P.Kane, I am coming for you!"

It's well known that him and Kane were good friends and kept in contact over the years, so this might just be a playful jab (pun intended) but its also been documented they text each other, meet for dinner when they are in town together, and Chicago would have interest in bringing him pack, pending the contract is not through the roof

Looks like interesting timing for a post like this about 3 weeks out from FA

We've officially reached Defcon 1 in our offseason need for NHL movement.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Wtf is this?

"Panarin took a **** yesterday that looked like the shape of Colorado. He wants to sign with the Avalanche."

What a garbage thread.

You saw Colorado? I saw Sweden so I think it's down to Lulea or Frolunda.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Any move of Seabrooke or Keith could be wishful thinking.
Seabrooke has a full no-movement for the next three years and a modified no-trade for years 4 and 5.
Keith has a full no-movement for the remaining four years of his contract.
Both Seabrooke and Keith are on cap recapture contracts so if they are bought out or retire Chicago will be subject to cap recapture penalties, although there may be compliance buyouts with the new CBA as you suggest.
Probably their best bet is for them to stay with Chicago and come up with some bogus ailments so that they can be LTIRetired so they don't count against the cap but I don't see this happening over the next 3 years.
Seabrook is 100% not on a recapture eligible contract

Reactions: Njfj

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I mean it definitely means he is signing in Colorado. Division rivals with the Hawks.

"I am coming for you" = he looks forward to the friendly competition within the division

i personally think the "I am coming for you" is him saying he's going to the Flyers and getting payback on Kane for what happened in 2010. :DD

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
They got the Cap space and it makes some sense, they would be right back in the mix with a couple of moves.

IG means nothing, but it still makes sense to me if he liked it there. They gotta be one of his potential landing spots.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
I remember the beach photo of him with Vasilevskiy and Kucherov last year.

Clearly he's Tampa Bay bound too. :sarcasm:

I can't believe people fall for this stuff.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He was signed under the current CBA and his contract is structured in a compliant manner. No excess of years and no large discrepancy in salary among the years (either front loaded or back loaded)
As for the original point with Seabrook, I see no benefit to him for waiving out of Chicago until he has to submit his mntc list.

He’s spent his entire career in Chicago. Where would he even want to go?

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
If Chicago fully believes they can land Panarin, would they be interested in Hall for 3rd overall? One last kick at the can for a Stanley Cup.

Toews Kane Panarin Hall Strome Debrincat Saad Anisimov Cagguila Perlini. Thats some insane forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00