Panarin - Datsyuk - Kane vs Ovi - Lindros - Iginla vs Barzal - McDavid - Bure

Better Line?

• Total voters

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Better Line in their Prime years?

1) PANARIN - DATSYUK - KANE

(Puck Possession, Dangling & Stickhandling)

2) OVI - LINDROS - IGINLA

(Hard hitting, Tough & Physical)

3) BARZAL - MCDAVID - BURE

(Fast & Explosive skating/deking line)

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsforever

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Line 2 could outskill you and then beat you up just for fun. Imagine being a defensemen and seeing those 3 coming at you constantly in a 7 game series?
The other 2 lines would be more exciting from a pure skill view but im a sucker for power forwards.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Line 2 could outskill you and then beat you up just for fun. Imagine being a defensemen and seeing those 3 coming at you constantly in a 7 game series?
The other 2 lines would be more exciting from a pure skill view but im a sucker for power forwards.

I think that line would be most effective in the playoffs anyway. I would be tempted to with the 1st line for entertainment value though.

Reactions: User9992

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I feel 1'st line would be the most succesful in a 'Playoff Time'.
Kane is really the only clutch player on that line who elevates his game in the post season. Both Panarin and Datsyuk are good but not great in the playoffs.

With the size/physicality advantage, I'd put my money on line 2 to perform at their best in the post season.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
As soon as Lindros hit someone, 3/4s of this board would be howling for his head and he'd get either a 5k fine or a 72 day suspension. So the 2nd line really depends on the DoPS Wheel of Fortune.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
LW: OV is in a different stratosphere compared to Panarin and Barzal

C: McDavid is the best but Lindros is close enough. Both are better than Datsyuk, but not by much.

RW: Kane was a hart/lindsay/ross winner, Iginla a lindsay/ross/rocket winner and Bure a rocket winner. These 3 are basically interchangeable.

Line 2 clearly wins. The gap between OV and the other LWs is way too big.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
McDavid is the best player by a clear margin, playing the most important position. Went with his line.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think the other lines ever get the puck back from Panarin - Datsyuk - Kane, so we never get to find out what they can do with it.

OV, Iggy, and Lindros will run around but they won't be able to pin any of them.

Meanwhile I'm not sure why Barzal, McDavid, and Bure would be suggested as an especially great trio. Those players would have negative chemistry, they each need the puck a lot to be effective. Put a one-touch guy with them.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Ovi - Lindros - Iginla would turn the opposition to a fine mist over the course of a playoff series so I have to go with them here. Debatable they aren’t the most skilled here but Ovi is just so good that I still give them the edge in that regard.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
The second option is probably the correct option, but I chose the first line because I can't stop thinking about Datsyuk and Kane on a line together. Good luck getting the puck....

Oh and then we have Artemi just chilling on the other wing...

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Assuming all are in their prime, line 2 easily. They'd punish you physically, out score and out skill you. Line 1s puck handles would be crazy fun to watch, but I don't see anyone stopping prime OV/Lindros and add Iggy to the mix, goodnight.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah no real reason not to pick line 2.

The 2 best players here - easily - are Ovechkin and McDavid in some order.

The only player who gives them a run for their money (and could even be argued slightly above at his very best) - is Lindros. At his best he was a monster. That means line 2 has 2 players better than anyone else, line 3 has 1 player, and line 1 has none.

I'd pick line 2.

The only hesitance is OP's mention of "prime years". Lindros's prime is quite short. I still don't think it's enough to take a different line. Bure's prime on line 3 is as short, and Iginla is better than Barzal. And line 1 are all great players, but not as good imo.

So line 2.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Went with line 3.
Barzal is out of his league a bit, but it doesn't matter since both McDavid (best player listed) and Bure can score on their own

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
Line 2 might not have the best player-by-player, but opponents would have nightmares before the games. And skill wise they are not that far behind imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad