Value of: Panarin AND Bobrovsky to the Panthers?

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
With both guys seemingly out the door, maybe even before the season starts, could the Panthers pull off a mega deal like this to land both Breadman and Bob? Adding Panarin and upgrading goaltending in one shot would have to sound pretty tempting, and if the Florida beaches are on Panarin's shortlist (maybe Bobrovsky's too?) then they might even have a decent shot at resigning one or both.

It's unlikely to happen but what would a package look like going back to CBJ? Could they even afford the $18-19M it might cost to retain them both? Would it be worth the price to have one as a rental and resign the other?

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Would be great but too much $$$

Bjugstad, McGinn, Reimer and other dead weight would have to be part of a deal for the salaries to even work

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Huberdeau, Reimer and spare parts?

You decided to start a thread to discuss the idea of us simultaneously giving up the last years of the two greatest players in our franchise's history - in essence, throwing in the towel entirely on this year before it's even started, and taking our core almost back to square one (save the blueline)... and this is what you came up with?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I`d expect Kekäläinen to ask for:

-Reimer
-Huberdeau
-Borgström/Tippett
-1st 2019

No way only Reimer+huby and spares get it done. Panthers obviously wouldnt do this trade if not an extension for Panarin would have been discussed

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
You decided to start a thread to discuss the idea of us simultaneously giving up the last years of the two greatest players in our franchise's history - in essence, throwing in the towel entirely on this year before it's even started, and taking our core almost back to square one (save the blueline)... and this is what you came up with?

Don't take it so literally. Merely floating the idea of one trade dealing both players, you guys (fans of either team respectively) can hammer out what works for both sides. I suggested Huberdeau to replace Panarin on the LW (coming with good value, term, and to free up some cap space on the FLA side) and Reimer to backup/run tandem with Korpi as the two most logical pieces to start things off. The 'spare parts' could be whatever you need to make the trade fair and worthwhile. The main pieces could be different too it makes no difference to me. I don't have ties to either team I'm just interested in the idea of seeing a blockbuster like this go down.

And besides, if CBJ is trading both guys unextended then the price would be lower than one might hope, no? Its a tough situation for CBJ to pull out a win unless one or both agree to extend with FLA prior to a deal. If they both want to sign then the price obviously goes way up.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
With both guys seemingly out the door, maybe even before the season starts, could the Panthers pull off a mega deal like this to land both Breadman and Bob? Adding Panarin and upgrading goaltending in one shot would have to sound pretty tempting, and if the Florida beaches are on Panarin's shortlist (maybe Bobrovsky's too?) then they might even have a decent shot at resigning one or both.

It's unlikely to happen but what would a package look like going back to CBJ? Huberdeau, Reimer and spare parts? Could they even afford the $18-19M it might cost to retain them both? Would it be worth the price to have one as a rental and resign the other?

Cheeky to include Reiner before ‘and spare parts.’

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Wow people take this hypothetical stuff too seriously.

Edited the original post to remove any reference of specific pieces in the trade. Folks can come up with their own packages rather than flip out over my mere suggestions. I did flair this thread 'Value of?' and not 'Proposal' after all.

Reactions: thadd

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
This is incredibly stupid.

Why does CBJ even think about reverting to square one in a deal like this?

It’d cost you Barkov, and then some.

You're not getting Barkov, on a $5.9 million deal for the next four season, "and then some" for two upcoming UFAs. He's a very good 1C on one of the best contracts in the league. They're both extremely good players but their contracts have to be considered here. Which is why a huge deal with both of them probably doesn't make any senses.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018

-Reimer
-Huberdeau
-Borgström/Tippett
-1st 2019

No way only Reimer+huby and spares get it done. Panthers obviously wouldnt do this trade if not an extension for Panarin would have been discussed

This seems pretty reasonable, assuming CBJ has a pretty good idea that they're not going to be able to re-sign them. Maybe a 2nd as well but I don't think this is too far off what's reasonable for two upcoming UFAs given what we've seen in the trade market lately.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

-Reimer
-Huberdeau
-Borgström/Tippett
-1st 2019

That'd be decent for the Jackets... if Bob was merely a Really Good Starting Goaltender. Bob, is, however, the only active goaltender with multiple Vezinas, and can make a decent case for being the best active goaltender in hockey - the only thing standing in his way is his (IMO misplaced and mistaken) playoffs reputation. Yes, goaltending trade prices are generally disappointing, but when there's actual hardware involved, the situation is a little different.

Reactions: Starat327

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Barkov for UFAs lmao
Given who the players in question are, that post is accurate enough. That doesn't mean it makes sense for Florida (there's probably no way in hell it can ever make sense for Florida no matter what we do), but it's still on the right track for Columbus. I mean, we're talking about two elite superstars here.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
LOL Barkov. Better for Florida is to wait and let them enter free agency and get them for free. They are not stanley cup contenders this year. This year the goal should be to get better and make the playoffs.

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
BRUH.jpg

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
:panthers

TO FLA
- Panarin
- Bobrovsky

:cbj

TO CLB
- Bjugstad
- Heponiemi
- McGinn
- Reimer
- *(conditional) 1st round pick 2019
- **(conditional) 2nd round pick in 2020

*If Florida extends Panarin
**If Florida extends Bobrovsky

Reactions: Matheson4Prez

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
:panthers

TO FLA
- Panarin
- Bobrovsky

:cbj

TO CLB
- Bjugstad
- Heponiemi
- McGinn
- Reimer
- *(conditional) 1st round pick 2019
- **(conditional) 2nd round pick in 2020

*If Florida extends Panarin
**If Florida extends Bobrovsky
McGinn and Reimer have little to no value to Columbus at all. Same goes for a conditional 2nd.

So Bjugstad, Heponiemi, and a conditional 1st is really what we’re looking at for our best forward and the league’s best goalie.

I would sincerely hope that Jarmo declines such an offer.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Given who the players in question are, that post is accurate enough. That doesn't mean it makes sense for Florida (there's probably no way in hell it can ever make sense for Florida no matter what we do), but it's still on the right track for Columbus. I mean, we're talking about two elite superstars here.

Ya but one of them is a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad