Palffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

12# Peter Bondra said:
Palffy wont play at the WC cause of the injury he still has. Martin Cibak was named as the replacement. I consider this a huge blow as he is argueably our most talented player. He is an important player on the team.

Source: http://hokej.point.sk/spravy/?clanok=30728 and the media around here
Ouch, that's going to hurt the Slovakians a lot.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
forbesy said:
One has to wonder if he would play if he had a contract?
Good question. But they had the medical tests today and he didnt pass it. All of the players passed it but not him. Too bad. But I like to be in the role of the outsiders. Then we play better. :)

Reilly311

Are they sure he's still injured? or he just doesn't have a contract yet?

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
man, that sucks. he's the most underrated player in the league IMO, and i wanted to see him play with other top-level players

PPquarterback

Jun 2, 2004
Bratislava
This really sucks!

Even if there is enough quality wingers on the team - Palffy is Palffy.

Wondering who will be his replacement with Stumpel and Bondra on the first line. Zednik? That would leave the second line of Gaborik-Demitra-Hossa which sounds great to me :D

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Probably Zednik because hedoesnt fit anywhere else. Palffy also had a great chemistry with Palffy.

Note: Bondra, Demitra and Stumpel also dont have contracts and are playing so I dont think its concerning Palffys contract (although it may be).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
forbesy said:

I doubt it, but I don't think it will hurt as much as people think it will. Slovakia still have the most firepower in the world. If they lose, it won't be because they don't have Ziggy Palffy its that they only have 2 legit NHL defenseman and no goalie.

PPquarterback

Jun 2, 2004
Bratislava
go kim johnsson said:
I doubt it, but I don't think it will hurt as much as people think it will. Slovakia still have the most firepower in the world. If they lose, it won't be because they don't have Ziggy Palffy its that they only have 2 legit NHL defenseman and no goalie.

here we go again :D

I'm sure they can also lose because of something else than the "power of their roster " written on the net...

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
forbesy said:
Youre right. It was today that he passed the medical tests but that he talked with his agent and he said what if he injured himself, that he would get no contract, so he pulled out.

palsoft

Apr 11, 2004
Bratislava
www.hockey-live.sk
12# Peter Bondra said:
Youre right. It was today that he passed the medical tests but that he talked with his agent and he said what if he injured himself, that he would get no contract, so he pulled out.

That's pretty ******... What can guy like Cibak do on the roster? But your words saying all for me: "Outsidering is much better then" :)

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
To Palsoft: Vid MS 2002. Outsideri a kam sme az dosli. :) Dufam v to iste na SP ale toto poviem po slovensky: rozhodcovia ISTOTNE nebudu ferovy. Budu sa snazit o finale CAN-USA, uvidis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad