Palat assist on Gourde goal

24 others

Jan 30, 2017

Palat's "assist" to Hall is more talked about, while this play went pretty unnoticed... such a nifty, nifty play through Kinkaid's five hole. Had to watch it a couple of times to see what actually happened there (maybe there is a better video out there?).

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I can't tell if that's Palat's skate, Mueller's stick or a bit of both.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I honestly can't tell if it was a complete accident, a heads-up play, or some game-raising playoff mojo. I mean, I'd be willing to bet that Palat played as much soccer as hockey growing up, so who knows. He's pretty clever around the net, so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
At 0:48 you can see Palat's skate between Mueller's stick and the puck. It clearly went off Palat. It could have been unintentional, but then, Palat knew where the puck was.

Reactions: Wings4Life

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Yeah, I'm going with Muellers stick making the play. Palat's foot wasn't moving the correct direction to send the puck the way it went.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Palat's been flying a bit under the radar this season since he's been out injured for 26 games during the regular season and Tampa have seen break-out seasons from other forwards such as Point and Gourde, but I had a good feeling Palat and Johnson would show up in the playoffs, as they usually do.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Looks like a Connor McDavid assist to me. Mueller whacks it out of his feet right to Gourde. The puck didn't quite get far enough back in Palat's skates for him to flick it like he probably wanted to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad