Recalled/Assigned: Pakarinen Recalled (Still on IR), Lander Assigned to BAK

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
Conditioning stint in AHL- he will come up and have oilers Dr's evaluate him. If they are happy with the tests he will come off IR, if not they can send him for another conditioning stint.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Quite a useful player to have on the 4th line. Better fit than Lander (b/c we have Letestu) and Hendricks at this point.

Pakarinen-Letestu-Kassian

that's a 4th line with some speed.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hopefully Lander is being re-assured by the Oilers why he's been moved around so much. He's better than Matt Hendricks and has been extremely effective at the NHL level this season.

I like that he'll provide some offensive depth for Bakersfield, but if I was Anton, I'd be getting kind of annoyed.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
To be fair, Lander has played pretty good every opportunity he's been given this year. He's never been sent down because of bad play, it's always been for reasons unknown. Lol.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Lander's lack of foot speed is what kills him at this level. He actually had and created some chances last night. The IQ is there but he doesn't have the speed to maximize it.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
To be fair, Lander has played pretty good every opportunity he's been given this year. He's never been sent down because of bad play, it's always been for reasons unknown. Lol.

He's making the same money regardless of where he's playing, but still.

I'm not even sure where Pakarinen fits to be honest. There's literally zero offense to his game.

Lander's lack of foot speed is what kills him at this level. He actually had and created some chances last night. The IQ is there but he doesn't have the speed to maximize it.

If he had the foot speed he'd be a legitimate third line centre at the NHL level. But even with his skating issues, he's been a very solid fourth line forward. He's an effective PKer, an ace on the draw and is an irritating opponent.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

I'm not even sure where Pakarinen fits to be honest. There's literally zero offense to his game.

Pakman was good last year.. upgraded version of Slepy IMO.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

If he had the foot speed he'd be a legitimate third line centre at the NHL level. But even with his skating issues, he's been a very solid fourth line forward. He's an effective PKer, an ace on the draw and is an irritating opponent.

I'm sure he'll add a step once he's moved on to another team.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I can't see Chai being willing to throw away depth for nothing, what with where this team is in the standings, and close to the playoffs.

Lander'll go down, as he doesn't need waivers. Once that begins to be an issue(wouldn't the 10 game/30 days rule apply here?) Slepyshev will likely find his way down to Bakersfield until after the trade deadline.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
I think expansion might buy Lander some more NHL seasons...or he'll be back to Europe and be a very strong player there. Could still see him earning spots on Swedish teams in the future if he becomes an excellent SEL player.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think expansion might buy Lander some more NHL seasons...or he'll be back to Europe and be a very strong player there. Could still see him earning spots on Swedish teams in the future if he becomes an excellent SEL player.

He probably re-signs here. He's been a solid fourth liner this season. At worst he's a 13th forward.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I didn't realize the CBA allowed for that level of flexibility with an injured player. That's pretty handy. Hopefully his tests comeback with some positive results, might be a nice shot in the arm to the bottom-6.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00