Rumor: Pagnotta: Teams interested in Leddy, believe Lou is willing to listen

HyeDray

Jul 13, 2006
New Hyde Park, NY
No one is untouchable in reality — but any deal involving Leddy would have to yield a serious return for the Islanders — not some kind of draft picks/prospects package. I believe at the very least the Islanders would want a very strong defender/defensive prospect ready to make the jump to the NHL in return — someone with top pair potential.

BUT…

Im not so sure the Islanders are going to do too much right now. There are signs the team will be competitive this year — and certainly its early, but consider their schedule thus far and to be 5-4-1 through 10 games in not unreasonable for the Islanders. They are entering November in a place where they have improved defensively, they have far more balance through the forwards production, and goaltending has been improved. They have 13 games in November, and I do not believe it is impossible for them to win 8 of them. That should put them above 500 through Thanksgiving, and I believe into a place where they could build towards a wildcard spot. Im not sure big trades are the answer — certainly not one that removes a relatively reliable top 4 defender with a cup ring.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
What a terrible return for Chicago. They traded a 23 year old legit top 4 D, and got literally no NHL games from any of the three pieces they received in return.

They also got Anders Nilsson, who actually is still in the NHL. But he didn't play a single game for Chicago.
Pokka was the isles best d prospect, it’s crazy that he was a bust

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I still can’t believe it. He seemed like a sure fire top 4

His interview after being drafted was brutal to watch. He was so nervous, I thought he was going to faint.

I'm surprised as well, seemed to be very smart and was purported to be the best outlet passer on his draft class.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
He's kinda infuriating. Tons of talent and looked great only like a year and a half ago, but now just makes boneheaded plays in the DZone all the time, and hasn't had any offensive production. He's still a good top4 guy on a team that desperately lacks that, so I don't really think I'd trade him. Under different circumstances though he isn't exactly the type of guy fans would cry to see traded.

Ten games in, but history tells us Leddy is a 10+ G 30+A guy, he's put it up the last two seasons and his physical skills have not deteriorated. Leddy is definitely worth more than Hamonic, a 2C would be a good piece in terms of value, depending on player, term, age - maybe someone adds but Leddy would look damn good on a team that is not devoid of blueline talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad