News: Pagnotta - Lindholm interested in staying with Flames.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Canucks being mismanaged by a dimwit in Benning doesn't really dismiss his point. Make Benning a GM of any team in this league and he will turn that team into an AHL team within a year or two. Otherwise when it comes to players lifestyle I bet more players would choose Vancouver as a city they want to live in compared to Edmonton.
Vancouver is the only team to ever have a bad GM. My point stands, the Canucks are a pathetic franchise while being a desirable city. It makes it even worse.

The fact their fanbase is so loud and aggressive makes it even funnier though, it’s as if you think because your city is beautiful (you probably don’t even live there and rather in Abbotsford, but that’s besides the point) that they are justified to talk shit about other Canadian fanbases while having less success than all of them lmao

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The Flames missed the playoffs before the year they were a top team. Then missed the playoffs after being a top NHL team. Maybe the time they were the top team was actually an anomaly and things have changed for worst since being that top team because there is no 100 point Guadreau and no 40+ goal scoring machine in Tkatchuk or 35 goal scorer Toffoli. Tanev is now 2 years older and more injury prone. After losing many top end players how can you sit there and say the Flames will go back to being that top team they were 2 years ago?
Huberdeau was on pace for 90 points the previous 4 seasons. You really think he’s going to be a sub-60 point player again? He just got over coached by Sutter

Dustin Wolf will be as big of a game changer as anyone not currently in the NHL.

We’ve heard for about a decade that our prospects are all terrible despite having Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Fox, Andersson, Kylington etc. people on this site act like they know what they are talking about all the time but truthfully they are full of shit.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Vancouver is the only team to ever have a bad GM. My point stands, the Canucks are a pathetic franchise while being a desirable city. It makes it even worse.

The fact their fanbase is so loud and aggressive makes it even funnier though, it’s as if you think because your city is beautiful (you probably don’t even live there and rather in Abbotsford, but that’s besides the point) that they are justified to talk shit about other Canadian fanbases while having less success than all of them lmao
The Oilers are more pathetic but kept lucking out on top end drafts those years when they were last for 4 or 5 consecutive times and accumulated boatloads of 1st overall picks, one being McDavid. If Canucks had the fortune the Oilers had those years get 1st overall picks year after year, they would have already won a couple of Stanley cups. Canucks never drafted 1st overall in their franchise history. The Oilers are more pathetic if you want to compare franchises after 1990s.

Also when I say most players prefer to live in Vancouver, am just stating facts. Ask Pronger why he left Edmonton after the Finals and he will tell you why.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Preach

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Should start with a 7
Not awful if it's a very low 8
Disgusting if it's a 9

PLD& Horvat set the market for Lindholm

I’d love to be a Gm in the NHL making millions ib the NHL and not having to be good at my job.

Tavares91Stamkos91

Oct 2, 2013
Vancouver
The Oilers are more pathetic but kept lucking out on top end drafts those years when they were last for 4 or 5 consecutive times and accumulated boatloads of 1st overall picks, one being McDavid. If Canucks had the fortune the Oilers had those years get 1st overall picks year after year, they would have already won a couple of Stanley cups. Canucks never drafted 1st overall in their franchise history. The Oilers are more pathetic if you want to compare franchises after 1990s.

Also when I say most players prefer to live in Vancouver, am just stating facts. Ask Pronger why he left Edmonton after the Finals and he will tell you why.
Lmfao what a deluded take. Your talking about something that happened nearly 10 years ago. What have the Canucks done to be less pathetic than the Oilers, especially within the last few seasons? The Canucks have made the playoffs ONCE in the last 8 seasons and that was even because of the shutdown that got you in it. Canucks winning multiple cups if they had the Oilers lottery luck is pure speculation. Unlikely as well, especially with that dummy Benning at the helm during that time.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So he’s okay to stay if the Flames pay the most.. makes sense

Weird how such an attractive market like Vancouver routinely finishes worse than every other Canadian team in the League. Weird how that works hey?

Edit: hell why limit it to just Canadian team, the Canucks have been bad for so long they make the Columbus Blue Jackets look like a premier organization
I wonder just how much needs to be added for some guys to play in cities like Calgary? For Huberdough it seemed an extra couple mil per and an extra year. For Lindholm? Does Calgary have much choice than to give in to his contract demands though?

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
I wonder just how much needs to be added for some guys to play in cities like Calgary? For Huberdough it seemed an extra couple mil per and an extra year. For Lindholm? Does Calgary have much choice than to give in to his contract demands though?
An extra couple million for Huberdeau to play in Calgary?
He had just come.off a 115 point season. Most assists ever by an LW in a season. And you think his value was less than 9 million?

Reactions: Nanuuk

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
An extra couple million for Huberdeau to play in Calgary?
He had just come.off a 115 point season. Most assists ever by an LW in a season. And you think his value was less than 9 million?
How much do you think Huberdough is overpaid? And will Lindholm get the same amount over what he’s worth?

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
How much do you think Huberdough is overpaid? And will Lindholm get the same amount over what he’s worth?
I don't think Huberdeau is over paid. He is one year removed from a 115 point season. He would have received 10 million or more from any team last year when he was extending. He had an off year on his off wing. He was almost a point per game player playing on his natural left side. He was being paid less than 6 million last year. This is the year he has to live up to his new contract.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Lmfao what a deluded take. Your talking about something that happened nearly 10 years ago. What have the Canucks done to be less pathetic than the Oilers, especially within the last few seasons? The Canucks have made the playoffs ONCE in the last 8 seasons and that was even because of the shutdown that got you in it. Canucks winning multiple cups if they had the Oilers lottery luck is pure speculation. Unlikely as well, especially with that dummy Benning at the helm during that time.
And what is making Oilers not a pathetic team? They can't even go to finals with McDavid and Drai in the lineup. Canucks made playoffs once in the last 8 years because they were rebuilding after going to Stanley Cup finals once and being a 2 time president's trophy winners. Remember Toronto and Edmonton were the butt of the jokes not too long ago and even now with having elite players and some depth they still can't even get to the Finals. That's actually more pathetic imo.

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
As a Canucks fan my opinion is Lindholm is more valuable than Horvat, but I also feel like Horvat was overpaid at 8 x 8.5.

Horvat's contract kicks in this year at age 28. Lindholm's next contract will kick in next year at age 29.

8.5-9m is likely FMV

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Production has been on par or better than Horvat and PLD. No matter how i feel about them being overpaid.... the market is set. 8.5 is likely the minimum

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I'm ok signing him to whatever basically. I've come to terms that we aren't rebuilding. If we lose him, we won't get a better centre for the next 5 years at minimum, and we're already locked in with the Kadri, Huberdeau and Weegar deals anyway. So if we sign him to a 9.5 instead of an 8 AAV, what does it really matter? At least I like him so whatever just sign him. We aren't gonna be better off if we don't lol

Reactions: Fig and Ace Rimmer

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

Lindholm and Hanifin for Nylander? I’d do it. If the leafs can get that kind of return for Willy, they would be stupid to reject it.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009

Lindholm and Hanifin for Nylander? I’d do it. If the leafs can get that kind of return for Willy, they would be stupid to reject it.

Utterly atrocious for Calgary.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If Lindholm is willing to sign, why wouldn't the Flames have pulled the trigger yet?

I know that often both sides will haggle over the number, but if you are the Flames I'd think don't like 500k of AAV get in the way here. Lindholm is comfortable signing now but maybe next month he will change his mind. The Flames can be salvaged as a playoff team, but there's no hope if Lindholm walks. It all would fall apart and there would not even be a way to truly bottom out.

Ledge And Dairy

If Lindholm is willing to sign, why wouldn't the Flames have pulled the trigger yet?

I know that often both sides will haggle over the number, but if you are the Flames I'd think don't like 500k of AAV get in the way here. Lindholm is comfortable signing now but maybe next month he will change his mind. The Flames can be salvaged as a playoff team, but there's no hope if Lindholm walks. It all would fall apart and there would not even be a way to truly bottom out.
If negotiations are going well and they are confident he will sign there is no reason at all to just fold and hand him a blank check. Calgary has a lot of potential raises next season to hand out and if they want to make any upgrades every penny counts

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Why didn't pastrnak re-sign until March or whatever it was?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Could be a few reasons:
1) This time of year, lots of agents are busy trying to get their UFAs/RFAs deals done and that's where their focus is.
2) If negotiations are going well, then no need for either side to budge right now if they are close but still have work to do to finalize the deal.
3) Calgary may want to figure out what other deals they need to close and what their cap situation will look like before signing on the dotted line.

etc...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad