Pacioretty/Weber Vs Tarasenko/Parayko (Next season only)

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
Who do you take for next year only?

Last season stats

Max Pacioretty G-35 A-32 P-67
Shea Weber G-17 A-25 P-42
Combined Total G-52 A-57 P-109

Vladimir Tarasenko G-39 A-36 P-75
Colton Parayko G-4 A-31 P-35
Combined Total G-43 A-67 P-110

Cap Hits

MTL Duo: 12.3m

STL Duo: 13m

The mtl duo scores more goals at a slightly less cap hit, but there is a risk Parayko breaks out, well Weber could slow down, atleast one of these two things will happen next year imo. So with that in mind I will take the blues duo.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Is there a particular reason Pietrangelo wasn't chosen as the Blues Dman in this poll? You know, the guy with 10 more goals and 13 more points.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Is there a particular reason Pietrangelo wasn't chosen as the Blues Dman in this poll? You know, the guy with 10 more goals and 13 more points.

Because this way it looks better for Montreal even though it's still a landslide for the Blues.

Based on the poll results. It's funny it's 1D/1W vs. 1W/2D though.

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016

I was going to use him, but i figured it would just get closed in a lopsided result, and judging from this poll it would have. Then I thought parayko would work, and seen that the combined point totals are very close. Figured it would be at least closer then this with the blue's coming out on top by a decent margin, not a blowout lol.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
In the future you take Tarasenko and Parayko any day of the week but as of now it's really not that far off.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Blues duo for me. Difference between Tarasenko and Patches is a bit bigger than the one between Weber and Parayko.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
4 overrated guys thats for sure
Patches is actually criminally underrated on HF. Some evidence from this thread :
Blues because Tarasenko is easily better than Patches.

Et aieoye for les Montréalais.

I love the Habs and all but Weber is declining with a massive cap hit for the next while, Tara-senk-show edges Patches as well, with quite an edge. If Subban were still in MTL it would be their duo, more than likely.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Patches is actually criminally underrated on HF. Some evidence from this thread :

Because it has to be that Patches is underrated and not just that people think Tarasenko is that good?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Because it has to be that Patches is underrated and not just that people think Tarasenko is that good?
Considering nothing makes Tank that much better than Patches, yes.

Patches is better defensively, and produce at about the same rate at 5 on 5 (with better results for his team overall). The difference in their production comes from the PP, which is heavily dependent on coaching and usage.

The fact that Tarasenko is more valuable due to his younger age does not make him much better, or more valuable for next season only (in fact, anybody smart would take Patches over Tarasenko due to contracts which do matter in that scenario)

Last edited:

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Blues and not a homer vote. Parayko spent half the season on the bench for pp while shatty was still around. Now that he'll have a full season on PP2 I expect a few more points.

That plus I feel like fabbri and tarasenko are going to renew their chemistry now that we have a full season of fabbs. Expecting 45-50 pts from parayko and 70-80 for tank

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

This thread would then be Blues ainefc. I'll still take the Blues duo for next year though

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016

That might be the third best F/D combo in the NHL (Crosby, Letang; Kane, Keith).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad