Proposal: Pacioretty to Nashville

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Well after much thinking and doing my homework.

To Nashville: Max Pacioretty + Jakub Jerabek

To Montreal: Dante Fabbro + 2018 1st + 2019 3rd* + Pontus Aberg + Patrick Harper

* becomes 2nd if we win cup in 2018 or 2019

When your team is this close to the cup you have to add pieces sometimes to push you over the top. I look at the Kessel trade to Pittsburgh as an example.
I like our team and am happy with our team but scoring depth in the playoffs is a huge plus.

Posted this in another thread but decided to make it a proposal.​

Reactions: irunthepeg

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I liked this proposal in the other thread and like it here.

Well thought out and very reasonable from both teams' perspective imo.

Swap Jerebek for Schlemko and i'm even happier.

Reactions: irunthepeg

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
jerabek isn't a need for nashville and they certainly won't give up assets to acquire him. also giving up fabbro and a 2018 1st is really bad for their prospect/future capital. they'd probably give that up for a guy who is signed long term but don't get any ideas.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I think any deal where the Habs get Fabbro and avoid paying Patches for the next 7 years is a good deal for them, regardless of how you wanna make the value work.

For Nashville they get to load up on wing for a cup run, the only area where they could use an upgrade. Patches isn't required to be a leader and can just casually score goals at his leisure, a role I think suits him much better than the role he is in now.

As a Bruins fan, I'd hate to see it happen.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.

To Montreal: Dante Fabbro + 2018 1st + 2019 3rd* + Pontus Aberg + Patrick Harper

When your team is this close to the cup you have to add pieces sometimes to push you over the top. I look at the Kessel trade to Pittsburgh as an example.
I like our team and am happy with our team but scoring depth in the playoffs is a huge plus.

I'll give you JVR and Carrick for Fabbro and the picks.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'd want a younger defenseman coming to Nashville instead of Jerabek if we're going to be out our best d prospect, our 1st two picks this year and possibly another 2nd.
But besides that, I'd probably do it to win the cup.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Fabbro is not really a huge need for the Habs since we have Weber and Petry in the top 4 RD already and Juulsen is projected to step up soon. But sure, value-wise this is pretty sweet and it's not like Weber and Petry are going to be there forever. I'd do it.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Fabbro is not really a huge need for the Habs since we have Weber and Petry in the top 4 RD already and Juulsen is projected to step up soon. But sure, value-wise this is pretty sweet and it's not like Weber and Petry are going to be there forever. I'd do it.
which one is it lol

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I’d try to pry away a C prospect like Thomas before making this deal. However, if 0 options are on the table for a potential top 6 C then it’s a deal I would make

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
I'd want a younger defenseman coming to Nashville instead of Jerabek if we're going to be out our best d prospect, our 1st two picks this year and possibly another 2nd.
But besides that, I'd probably do it to win the cup.
The reason I chose Jerabek is that he is on a one year deal and he is waiver exempt.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It would be dumb to trade Max for a RD, it’s the least of the Habs worries after goaltending.

Not just that but the Habs are likely to have a Top 10 pick in a year loaded with defencemen. It’s no way to solve the ongoing issue of offence.

Reactions: KawaYui

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017

Nashville has nothing Montreal wants their GM Poile is the biggest loser in nhl history ......0 cups in 35 years...lol.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I can't wait until the trade deadline is over so these proposals involving rentals to Nashville can stop. I would much rather have Fabbro than Pacioretty. Our team is solid and we can't afford anymore 4+ million dollar contracts on the team.

Reactions: Tex76

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I can't wait until the trade deadline is over so these proposals involving rentals to Nashville can stop. I would much rather have Fabbro than Pacioretty. Our team is solid and we can't afford anymore 4+ million dollar contracts on the team.
With Pacioretty for 2 playoff run you're really, really close to a Stanley Cup. Plus, your Dcore is unbelievable and still young... After those two years of Pacio, would Fabbro be NHL-ready? Probably but to fit where, on your third pair? I'd definitely do this if I was NSH (or for any other top 6 winger that won't cost any core player).

But from MTL POV, Aberg doesn't move the needle a bit. Harper is a good add-on I'd like to gamble on. I'm not that high on Fabbro and he isn't in an area of need for the Habs. Unless we can get another team involved with strong LHD depth like the Canes to swap Fabbro for one of theses LHD I'd pass. Value-wise it's probably good though.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Id Pass

Value is there but RHD isnt a stong need for The Habs and there is no guarantee that Fabbro signs with The Habs when he is done college.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Like I said in another thread, Pacioretty doesn't really seem like the best playoff rental, especially if you're going to spend big time assets. .5ppg in the playoffs playing big minutes and tons on the PP and he never seems to come up big in big games. Plus, I don't doubt there's truth to the rumors that he and PK don't like each other.

Pass

Reactions: Tex76

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
jerabek isn't a need for nashville and they certainly won't give up assets to acquire him. also giving up fabbro and a 2018 1st is really bad for their prospect/future capital. they'd probably give that up for a guy who is signed long term but don't get any ideas.

Thanks for your contributions to the thread and your expertise on Nashville needs :sarcasm:

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I think the value is there. Be nicer if Fabbro was a lhd.

I think it may come down to the Preds and Blues. Who's more desperate to win in their window. If Montreal could pry Thomas away (even as part of a smaller package of assets), I'd lean that way for obvious reasons. The Blues have a first line with great chemistry in Schwartz, Schenn, and Tarasenko. Sliding Pacioretty into their top six, with that defensive group and Allen in net, would make for a legit favorite.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Like I said in another thread, Pacioretty doesn't really seem like the best playoff rental, especially if you're going to spend big time assets. .5ppg in the playoffs playing big minutes and tons on the PP and he never seems to come up big in big games. Plus, I don't doubt there's truth to the rumors that he and PK don't like each other.

Pass

With a lack of center depth, and scoring threats, he's been the guy shadowed. His playoff success is mixed, to be sure, but he'd be more sheltered in Nashville - or just about anywhere - and you could more easily move him around and create very difficult matchups for opponents.

Reactions: Dano85

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad