Injury Report: Pacioretty pre round robin. Out for QF game 2

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Definitely concerning when he's not with the team.

Hopefully he'll be there before July 30 (4 days in isolation before he join team, in advance of 8/3 game; but you really want him there before 8/5 so he could skate with team before play offs start in earnest circa 8/10).

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I predict he has the virus but the Knights can't say anything cause it is against the NHL rules. If it really was a minor injury, why wouldn't he travel with the team so that he could avoid the quarantine when he does enter?

Edit: Apparently was wrong about the quarantine rule and why Patches could be staying in Vegas.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The games start to "count" starting Tuesday or Wednesday.

Considering it's supposed to be a "minor" injury, I'd think he'll be in Alberta around Monday.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
My reading of this is he has an injury they fear could be worsened by playing. Like a sprain or a knee issue that won't fully heal for months. So far the team is playing well enough without him everyone is going to take it easy and maybe put him in the bubble later for an emergency addition if things aren't working so well.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
My reading of this is he has an injury they fear could be worsened by playing. Like a sprain or a knee issue that won't fully heal for months. So far the team is playing well enough without him everyone is going to take it easy and maybe put him in the bubble later for an emergency addition if things aren't working so well.

Sure playing well enough right now. But anytime you remove a 30 goal scorer from your lineup, you are going to feel the pain from it somehow.

This team needs Patches if they want to go deep.,

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
plus, I still love Roy, but he's shown some warts, turnovers etc this round robin. Even though he is still a net asset for the team, I dont think anyone would argue that Patches isn't an improvement.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
plus, I still love Roy, but he's shown some warts, turnovers etc this round robin. Even though he is still a net asset for the team, I dont think anyone would argue that Patches isn't an improvement.

I also noticed turnovers and some questionable decisions in Roy's game, hopefully just rusty. Hasn't played bad but the frustrations have been there.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Sure playing well enough right now. But anytime you remove a 30 goal scorer from your lineup, you are going to feel the pain from it somehow.

This team needs Patches if they want to go deep.,

Well if he comes back, plays 5 games, then gets hurt again and is done for the year is that good or bad? And if you do get 5 games, don't you want it to be later in the playoffs?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Sounds like Patches will arrive before G1.

Seems unlikely he will be ready to play first couple games, but who knows. I think they looked perfectly fine without him and can afford to let him take his time getting back to full game shape. It was also good to get Tuch moved up and get his confidence back with the game winner.

Reactions: Devonator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad