Friedman: Pacioretty in "30 Thoughts"

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
"Sometimes I wonder if a fresh start would be better for him, somewhere quieter. The difference between him and PK Subban is his contract doesn’t have the same pressures, either on the salary cap or a no-trade deadline. This is me talking here, but if (and I stress if) the Canadiens ever wanted to do this, the difficulty is you are trading a 30-goal scorer with a $4.5M average salary. That is worth a ton in today’s NHL. What is equal value? Has to be a lot. I don’t know many teams that could pull it off." - Friedman

He's not wrong... I think Pacioretty desperately needs a low pressure environment. Where is a good fit and what is the return?

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Fowler & Rackell ! Let's get it done :popcorn:

I'm willing to add since both ANA players are playing extremely well at the moment.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Low pressure environment? Has there ever been a stanley cup winning team that didn't have pressure on them?

Dog

Low pressure environment? Has there ever been a stanley cup winning team that didn't have pressure on them?

The media probably puts more pressure on the habs during a regular season game than some teams would receive in the scf

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Avs could use a player exactly like patches tbh. Idk if the Habs would sell low tho. They're winning despite him. He's not dragging them down at all.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Why did he accept/get chosen to be the captain for Montreal Canadians if he would do better in a lower pressured environment? If thats the case atleast dont make him the captain of a team like Montreal.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Why did he accept/get chosen to be the captain for Montreal Canadians if he would do better in a lower pressured environment? If thats the case atleast dont make him the captain of a team like Montreal.
The players chose... but things change, he's faced a lot of adversity and hasn't really showed he can thrive when that pressure is on.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
He's not being traded... we're winning, we don't trade our top goal scorer at a low cap hit when he's having a below average year unless its an upgrade. Friedman just talking, nothing to it

When there was pressure for him to score goals because nobody else scored, he did exactly that. Weird thought by Friedman, you don't trade a player who's scored over 30 goals consistently in a low scoring era because of a bad stretch. 5th in goals the last 5 years, Lol

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He's the kind of player who doesn't elevate his game in the playoffs.

Buyer beware if there ever is one willing to pay the price.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
What's the price for the Avs? Rantanen + Barrie? :)

Come on...first, the Avs can't package up multiple assets, they are desperately thin, and second...Rantanen looks brilliant, there is no chance he gets traded, and idea that they give up Barrie, a 50 point defensman, and their top prospect who is the smartest player on the team (and the Avs need that - they have a bunch of skilled dummies right now) for a good, but not great, winger, is just silly.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Fowler & Rackell ! Let's get it done :popcorn:

I'm willing to add since both ANA players are playing extremely well at the moment.

We are not trading Fowler and Rakell for Pacioretty not unless what your willing to add is something good that helps Ducks win now and is under team control for multiple years and isn't too expensive in salary/cap.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
This should not be a thread.

This is not even speculation. Just Friedman offering a thought.

It's funny to see some reactions of other teams fans when they are wanting a top 5 LW in the game but aren't willing to give up much..

Then they say habs fans offer are bad

Pacioretty = young forward with top 6 potential + top 4 dman

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Total pipe dream, but I would love to see him in teal. One of my favorite players.

MTL would need another top6 player in return to make that deal and not Marleau/Thornton. Who's left to trade for Patches? Couture? Pavelski? I don't think SJ would trade their Captain.

Would SJ do a Couture for Pacioretty+ ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad