Proposal: Pacioretty for Sprong + 1st (2018) + conditional pick

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You know exactly why you guys won 2 cups in a row. And it's surely not because of Sheary great play...

And i don't want Sprong and a late 1st for Pacioretty, so we agree.

Yes, Guentzel leading the playoffs in scoring was an absolute non factor in that. Yes, Hagelin having 16 points in 24 games in the playoffs, didn't matter. Rust having 13 goals in 2 playoff runs combined (1 less than Crosby and 3 less than Malkin), totally worth nothing.

Honestly a Sheary+Bellerive/Miletic+1st package checks a lot of boxes.

Mckenzie's Good young roster player, a first and a prospect
Bergevin's "scorer"
Hab's Fans C prospect

The only thing left off is the core quality asset that is unlikely to be included

Bellerive is good, but I don't think that much of Miletic (he's an overager, so what he's doing is a lot less impressive) and I don't think many teams would value Sheary that high. Bellerive probably would have been a 2nd round pick this year had the Penguins not signed him, I think he's a good prospect.

If Sheary, Bellerive and a 1st wouldn't get it done, I just don't think there'd be anything workable here. I'd honestly rather try and dangle Sheary in front of Buffalo, because Buffalo's GM was the guy who originally signed Sheary in the AHL and he seems to have a liking for former Penguins players he oversaw in WBS (seeing how he brought in Wilson).

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Have no interest
Sprong is going be a scorer for us, and a much cheaper option than Pacioretty
And we can't really afford to move picks again

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's the HF Trade Boards, of course everybody wants everyone for peanuts.

Other fans aren't exactly clamoring at the chance to get Pacioretty, though. I see a lot more of Habs fans trying to pawn Pacioretty off on other teams than other fans making proposals for Pacioretty.

Pacioretty is a LW in a time when good teams don't have that big of needs at LW. Your team is either good enough where you don't want to disrupt your roster and trade what it would cost to get Pacioretty, or it is bad enough where you don't want to trade for Pacioretty due to his contract situation.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
You have to be stupid to think Kane is better than Pacioretty.
Please support your opinion that Pacioretty is better than Kane this season. I don’t care about past seasons players fall off the map all the time. Kane is out performing Pacioretty in every aspect this year so please tell me why the pens would pay your ridiculous price for a less effective winger than Kane. I’ll wait.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Other fans aren't exactly clamoring at the chance to get Pacioretty, though. I see a lot more of Habs fans trying to pawn Pacioretty off on other teams than other fans making proposals for Pacioretty.

Yeah because wingers are useless. Even more left wingers. Hockey should be played 4 on 4 and abolish lw.

Jul 6, 2016
Sprong is a great young winger, and he lives in Montreal since years , now. He would be great to acquire, but Habs badly need a young CENTER, not another winger.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
You seem to be incredibly salty that Penguins fans don't want Pacioretty.

i just told you i don't want to trade Pacioretty for what you have to offer. Don't give a f*** about Sprong. Even less about your late 1st. Even less about Connor f***ing Sheary.

Don't know any other way i could make you understand.

Reactions: Baksfamous112

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
i just told you i don't want to trade Pacioretty for what you have to offer. Don't give a **** about Sprong. Even less about your late 1st. Even less about Connor ****ing Sheary.

Don't know any other way i could make you understand.

Then what's your problem here? Be happy Penguins fans don't want Pacioretty because you don't want to move him for Sprong. Yay, everyone is happy!

You seem to be mad that Penguins fans aren't falling over themselves at the opportunity to get Pacioretty. You "not caring" about the Penguins assets is really irrelevant at that.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Please support your opinion that Pacioretty is better than Kane this season. I don’t care about past seasons players fall off the map all the time. Kane is out performing Pacioretty in every aspect this year so please tell me why the pens would pay your ridiculous price for a less effective winger than Kane. I’ll wait.

Eichel and O'Reilly. That's why. Oh and maybe a bit of ''contract'' year for Kane.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Sprong will be difficult to pry away. Young and cost controlled and starting to click with Crosby on L1. That is worth a lot! I see Sheary, Rust and Hagelin (in order of decending value) as available to reconfigure the roster a bit, but Sprong needs to stay.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Then what's your problem here? Be happy Penguins fans don't want Pacioretty because you don't want to move him for Sprong. Yay, everyone is happy!

You seem to be mad that Penguins fans aren't falling over themselves at the opportunity to get Pacioretty. You "not caring" about the Penguins assets is really irrelevant at that.

I am and i already told you.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah but you can say this for every ****ing prospect you have. Proof is look at all the 5'10'' 175 lbs 20 years old, 5th round drafted prospects who are playing in the nhl right now. I understand your point. But you really think there won't be any ore buyers at the deadline??

No, but most prospects can't shoot and skate like Sprong. Only Kessel has a better shot on the Pens right now, and he can't one time a puck like Sprong.

So it's foolish not to be patient with him.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
3 1sts for patches (which is what they will hope for by acuiring patches) seems pretty steep. But thinking about it it's really not bad. Patches is what you hope prime spring would be, you are going to trade your 1st for ANY decent rental anyways and worse case you miss the playoffs and the price is sort cheap. 2nd worse you give up a 3rd. You make a 3rd straight finals still only sprong 1st, 2nd. Only if you win a 3rd do you give up 2 1sts... and at that point you don't deserve a 1st for 2 years haha. If anything MTL is getting the short end here.
finally an intelligent well-thought out post. pacioretty also only just turned 29 but HF loves its magic beans

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
if you watched habs at all, which clearly you don't, 67s 'falling off' has everything to do with no markov or radulov or chemisry with drouin. 0 to do with his talent. He doesnt have a C...yet he's scored in 3 straight games. Haven't heard much about that lately from all the teenage pro scouts on HF though

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Pacioretty is a LW in a time when good teams don't have that big of needs at LW. Your team is either good enough where you don't want to disrupt your roster and trade what it would cost to get Pacioretty, or it is bad enough where you don't want to trade for Pacioretty due to his contract situation.

no one's clamouring at the chance. it's simple team building. habs aren't going anywhere. they are deep on the wing and shit at C. You trade your oldest and best chip on the wing, his name is pacioretty. If habs were a contender, he'd be resigned. he's the captain

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
People seriously think Pacioretty wont bring back a top prospect plus a first? Lol teams give 1st round picks for rentals worst then Max, dude is 29 has one more year at a bargain 4.5mill and is top 5 scorer the past 5 years playing with 3rd line centers like Desharnais.... hes not doing great now but nobody in montreal is with Julien system,5 years >>> 40games

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
People seriously think Pacioretty wont bring back a top prospect plus a first? Lol teams give 1st round picks for rentals worst then Max, dude is 29 has one more year at a bargain 4.5mill and is top 5 scorer the past 5 years playing with 3rd line centers like Desharnais.... hes not doing great now but nobody in montreal is with Julien system,5 years >>> 40games

I think Pacioretty would at least be able to bring back a top prospect (someone on par with Kapanen or someone like that) and a 1st, it's just not going to be from Pittsburgh. Montreal can't just try and pawn Pacioretty off on teams for that package, though. If Pacioretty is going to bring back that kind of package, it will be from other teams inquiring about him, not from Montreal offering him to other teams. You can't say "you can have Pacioretty, but I want your best prospect and a 1st" when the other team never asked about Pacioretty.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Le Havre vs Marseille
    Le Havre vs Marseille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $55.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lens vs Montpellier
    Lens vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3