Pacioretty and Galchenyuk: Our Dynamic Duo?

Hank Scorpio

Mar 7, 2010
I was reading an interview Pierre Lebrun did with Seguin this morning and he (Seguin) mentioned how most great players in the league have another player on their line who both pushes and compliments them. He, obviously, talked about playing with Benn but gave some examples from other teams as well (Voracek/Giroux, Perry/Getzlaf, Kunitz/Crosby, Toews/Kane were the other examples).

This got me thinking, in the next year or two, where do you see Pacioretty/Galchenyuk stacking up? I know this is counting chickens before they hatch but, now that we have a bit of a sample size, were do you think they'll rank?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's very difficult to project as current duos may regress over time or others will emerge. For the most part I want to say to avoid superstar lines to be conservative. RNH/Hall with a better team come to mind though.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I don't believe in long term chemistry.

Koivu Higgins Ryder
Plrkanec Kovalev Kostitsyn
Desharnais Pacioretty

None lasted forever, since players evolve and adapt.

May be good for the next hundred games or so.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I don't believe in long term chemistry.

Koivu Higgins Ryder
Plrkanec Kovalev Kostitsyn
Desharnais Pacioretty

None lasted forever, since players evolve and adapt.

May be good for the next hundred games or so.

Kunitz-Crosby, Getzlaf-Perry, etc... can all be considered long term chemistry. Although we're not sure if Max-Chucky are at that level.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
I was reading an interview Pierre Lebrun did with Seguin this morning and he (Seguin) mentioned how most great players in the league have another player on their line who both pushes and compliments them. He, obviously, talked about playing with Benn but gave some examples from other teams as well (Voracek/Giroux, Perry/Getzlaf, Kunitz/Crosby, Toews/Kane were the other examples).

This got me thinking, in the next year or two, where do you see Pacioretty/Galchenyuk stacking up? I know this is counting chickens before they hatch but, now that we have a bit of a sample size, were do you think they'll rank?

Wow pre-mature. **** like this gives us a bad name. Speculating about this won't bring any good.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB

Teows and Kane don't even play on the same line. All you did was take 2 good players from a team and claim that they're "dynamic". For Christ's sake, they're not even a "duo"

Dec 8, 2014
Teows and Kane don't even play on the same line. All you did was take 2 good players from a team and claim that they're "dynamic". For Christ's sake, they're not even a "duo"

Toews and kane play a lot of minutes together its like Crosby malkin letang

Hank Scorpio

Mar 7, 2010
Wow pre-mature. **** like this gives us a bad name. Speculating about this won't bring any good.

I don't think it will bring anything bad either. We're also talking about a 30+ goal scorer on the wing of a third overall draft pick. We've spent months if not years complaining about how much better Pacioretty would be separate from Desharnais as well and now he is.

If you really don't want to speculate then let us know what you think of there current progress (or lack there of if that is the way you see it).

I didn't choose the names myself, they are the ones Seguin mentioned in the interview. Having said that, aside from Kunitz in my personal opinion, I think all the names he mentioned are fairly dynamic players.

You're welcome to read the article if you'd like to hear more about what he said, here's a link: http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12072007/nhl-superstar-tyler-seguin-finding-home-dallas-stars

It's very difficult to project as current duos may regress over time or others will emerge. For the most part I want to say to avoid superstar lines to be conservative. RNH/Hall with a better team come to mind though.

That's an interesting comparison to use, with or without the rest of the Oilers. On one hand, it's hard to deny the potential that's there but I think both those players (RNH/Hall) have enough similarities in their game that it leads to more take then you see in the pairing of Galchenyuk/Pacioretty.

Once teams start to figure out Galchenyuk/Pacioretty a little it will be interesting to see how they adapt and evolve but if they can keep the production up that also keeps top-defensive pairing away from our other lines. I think there is a lot of offensive upside to DD-Eller-Parenteau and I would really like to revisit Sekac-Plekanec-Andrighetto. If those two lines can keep producing, then we may be able to find the scoring support needed to keep our two most gifted offensive players in offensive situations. That's without adding Subban/Markov to the mix as well.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Say what?? Believe me Quenneville finds a way to play the together. I agree during the season Quenneville does try to spread out the offense and he puts them on separate lines, but when they are down a goal or on the power play they play together. In the playoffs when they are up against the wall it always comes back to Kane and Toews together.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Kunitz-Crosby, Getzlaf-Perry, etc... can all be considered long term chemistry. Although we're not sure if Max-Chucky are at that level.

Go ask Pens fans what they think of Kunitz.

It's not "chemistry" when it's always the same guy doing the heavy lifting. He's more of a leech than anything else.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Say what?? Believe me Quenneville finds a way to play the together. I agree during the season Quenneville does try to spread out the offense and he puts them on separate lines, but when they are down a goal or on the power play they play together. In the playoffs when they are up against the wall it always comes back to Kane and Toews together.

There could be times on the road where separating Max and Alex could be the right move too. Right now, they are working together and the team is winning, but if that is the only way to get two scoring lines, there are times when it may need to be done.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
I love both Galchenyuk and Pacioretty, but Max needs to find the back of the net before I'd consider them a dynamic duo. Max is racking up the assists but he's a goal scorer.

mikef18

Dec 8, 2011
I love both Galchenyuk and Pacioretty, but Max needs to find the back of the net before I'd consider them a dynamic duo. Max is racking up the assists but he's a goal scorer.

The only reason he's seen as a goal scorer is because he's been playing with desharnais who isn't a goal scorer, pacioretty can pass as well as he can score

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

I'd Rather have a 75 pt 30 goal scoring max than a 40 goal 60 pt scoring max.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

It's so obvious why he's the one racking assists right now. Teams have been used to set up defenses towards blocking passing lanes to Pacioretty or shot attempts. With Galchenyuk having an even better shot, coverage is 100x harder than our old 1st line. When they start respecting the Gallys, Pacioretty will get his chances again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad