Proposal: Pacioretty + 1st rd pick for Giroux

Warrior213

Jul 5, 2015
Assuming philly picks Patrick or Hichier, would they look to move Giroux?

If so I'd at least start with Pacioretty and a 1st rounder.

Just throwing it out there for fun.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
I can't speak for Philly, as I'm not that familiar with their needs and financial structure, but...no-way the Habs would ever do that. They wouldn't even offer Pacioretty straight-up for Giroux.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That's a no. Any deal for Giroux would need to have a center coming back - drafting second doesn't change that. Montreal doesn't have one to give, so we can shut this one down.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
As much as this depletes Philly's weakest position, it's such an overpayment that Philly could flip it for an improvement over Giroux.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'd pass from the Flyers perspective. Trade our captain for Pacioretty and a later 1st in a mediocre draft, idk?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Philly getting the #2 pick does not make Giroix expendable.

We the fans wanted a top 6 C prospect from thus draft, and just got gifted a high end one. It fills a perfect need for the Flyers.

Montreal needs to add a good C to PLAY WITH Max P.....not in exchange.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
It has its merit, but can't do it.

I like Giroux much more than Patches. Contract is slightly scary, but I have faith in G to live up to it for at least most of it.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007

Your on some serious bad drugs i wouldn't do Giroux for Max straight up.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
That's a no. Any deal for Giroux would need to have a center coming back - drafting second doesn't change that. Montreal doesn't have one to give, so we can shut this one down.

why does drafting a likely NHL ready center not change that? Wouldn't we want to trade a position of strength for a position of need?

As for the OP's proposed deal, I'm not big on Max Pax, I'd probably look elsewhere if we're trading our 1C for a wing.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
why does drafting a likely NHL ready center not change that? Wouldn't we want to trade a position of strength for a position of need?

As for the OP's proposed deal, I'm not big on Max Pax, I'd probably look elsewhere if we're trading our 1C for a wing.

Because Nico and Nolan aren't regarded as potential stars, and they haven't played a single nhl game yet?

They're every bit as likely to be Patrick Stefan as they are NHL ready 1C. If you are comfortable rolling patrick/Hirscher - Flip - Couturier, thats ypur perogarive, but it looks like a disaster to me.

Not to mention, we'd be selling extremely low on Giroux, and you don't sell low on star players.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

We are not trading a #1C for a winger. Shake your head.

C is NOW a position of strength thanks to some ping pong balls. Remove Giroux and it is back to being a weakness.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Yikes. Has Giroux's stock really fallen this much?

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Because Nico and Nolan aren't regarded as potential stars, and they haven't played a single nhl game yet?

They're every bit as likely to be Patrick Stefan as they are NHL ready 1C. If you are comfortable rolling patrick/Hirscher - Flip - Couturier, thats ypur perogarive, but it looks like a disaster to me.

Not to mention, we'd be selling extremely low on Giroux, and you don't sell low on star players.

I don't view Giroux as a star player but that's the great thing about opinions.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't view Giroux as a star player but that's the great thing about opinions.

This upcoming season will determine that. He hasn't player to his 2014 levels, but he's also been battling injuries and had minimal support. He looked a lot better towards the end of the year after we got flip, a decent 2C.

Either way, I don't move Giroux for Pacioretty. If we're rebuilding, the idea is to go younger.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
This upcoming season will determine that. He hasn't player to his 2014 levels, but he's also been battling injuries and had minimal support. He looked a lot better towards the end of the year after we got flip, a decent 2C.

Either way, I don't move Giroux for Pacioretty. If we're rebuilding, the idea is to go younger.

Exactly.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Philly is at a crossroads of being competitive or rebuilding. I think they are better off staying competitive and Patrick/Hischier behind Giroux instantly gives them the depth they needed. This team could be scary soon.

Giroux >>>> Pacioretty and a mid 20's pick

Salary is the only thing that looks appetizing here.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
player for player i take giroux even tho hes a small player 10 time out of 10, but we realy cant afford taking giroux's contract even with caps dumps

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Philly is at a crossroads of being competitive or rebuilding. I think they are better off staying competitive and Patrick/Hischier behind Giroux instantly gives them the depth they needed. This team could be scary soon.

Giroux >>>> Pacioretty and a mid 20's pick

Salary is the only thing that looks appetizing here.

Yeah, those multiple 35+ goals season are really a turn off.

Giroux recorded 198 points in the last three seasons combined. Pacioretty...198 as well. $41,793 a point for Giroux, $22,727 a point for Pax. One of them is trending down, the other one has been as steady as you can find in the last 3 years. You're right...those numbers are so heavily in Giroux's favor, I think the Habs should throw in another 1st or Sergachev, just for good measures. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah, those multiple 35+ goals season are really a turn off.

Giroux recorded 198 points in the last three seasons combined. Pacioretty...198 as well. $41,793 a point for Giroux, $22,727 a point for Pax. One of them is trending down, the other one has been as steady as you can find in the last 3 years. You're right...those numbers are so heavily in Giroux's favor, I think the Habs should throw in another 1st or Sergachev, just for good measures. :sarcasm:

Interesting cutoff at three years. Can't imagine why you chose that number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad