PA Parenteau getting a PTO

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
This is immensely more interesting than David Booth, but so is the **** I took yesterday.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Just sign Jagr. He'll move more merchandise at least.

That's what I was arguing for earlier, pre-Vanek 2.0 discussions.

If you're gonna sign a guy on a farewell tour, you'd be hard pressed to find someone more entertaining than Jagr.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
That's what I was arguing for earlier, pre-Vanek 2.0 discussions.

If you're gonna sign a guy on a farewell tour, you'd be hard pressed to find someone more entertaining than Jagr.

A valid point, for sure. The problem is, sadly, there's not enough in the coffers to sign Jagr who's at a 'any team will do' stage.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Good old PA :laugh: He is a perfect replacement for AA: Lazy as hell off of the puck and has zero interest in going into the corners. He does have great hands though.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Imo, Parenteau is better player than Vanek ever was. I hope they won't sign him. It would make the team better and hurt the tank.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Imo, Parenteau is better player than Vanek ever was. I hope they won't sign him. It would make the team better and hurt the tank.

Seriously? Parenteau carved out a nice 10 year career but the run is over. He can't keep up skating in today's NHL and he doesn't fit on a 4th line. I agree he has the hands but he never delivered on the expectation around his game. Now he's become a donut box on skates. Babcock drew the last drops of effectiveness from PA 2 seasons ago (41pts).

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I dont understand why any FA would come here on a PTO unless they had absolutely no option.

He doesn't, nobody wants him. Except the Red Wings lol. Booth I can understand is probably more like the invite we gave to Knuble (who then joined the Griffins as coach). If AA skedaddles it sort of fits Holland's MO taking Parenteau to open the season. Remember Svech and Bert aren't ready for the excellence know as the 17-18 Wings. :sarcasm:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I mean if he signs a 2-way deal, with some call-ups along the way, I can't imagine it being a bad deal. Tangradi / Street had a similar deal (albeit they didn't have the career NHL points like Parenteau had).

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!

yeah... literally not true haha. Vanek was incredibly talented, especially when he was young. He and Danny Briere were a lethal combo in '06-'07. That Buffalo team was really good for a minute. Meanwhile, PA couldn't even break into the league until his late 20s. It's okay, they have both carved out solid careers, but you're just flat out wrong with that statement.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Wow. Who are you confusing PAP with?

PAP doesn't make the team better, and if he's signed to "replace" Athanasiou, it's an embarrassment of professional scouting. Parenteau has repeatedly proven to be a soft, perimeter player who is a trainwreck in his own zone. That reputation has hounded him for nearly a decade. And those are exactly the issues many are chiding AA for.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Looks like I forgot one word.

Parenteau is better player than Vanek ever was FOR US. Not at all comparing him to young Vanek. Just for the Vanek we had at last season.

Defensively, he is not as big liability on his own end like Vanek was and can put up the same production.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015

Parenteau is better player than Vanek ever was FOR US. Not at all comparing him to young Vanek. Just for the Vanek we had at last season.

Defensively, he is not as big liability on his own end like Vanek was and can put up the same production.

Come on, no.

Mike Puck

Feb 10, 2015
Swe

You mean same Vanek who pretty much single-handedly kept offence alive especially in the first part of last season? I remember it was you who were also high about Vanek bringing 1st round pick at TDL.

Yes Parenteau sure is better tank-wise. Neither Vanek or Parenteau shouldn't be an option though.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You mean same Vanek who pretty much single-handedly kept offence alive especially in the first part of last season? I remember it was you who were also high about Vanek bringing 1st round pick at TDL.

Yes Parenteau sure is better tank-wise. Neither Vanek or Parenteau shouldn't be an option though.

Yeah it was me. Later I noticed that he was a defensive black hole both for us and for the Panthers.

Vanek's production was good, but when I found those High-Danger scoring chance stats FOR and AGAINST, Vanek was League Worst TOP10 in AGAINST.

Like as a comparison, Connor McDavid was the best in High-Danger chances FOR, and his number was something like 16.xx /60min. When Vanek was on the ice, an average NHL line against him was as good as McDavid's line on Hing-Dangers at last season. That's horrible. Vanek was even worse at Florida than he was for us.

That makes him a negative effect player, which Parenteau isn't even near of on same data.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad