Player Discussion: PA Parenteau 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
50-55 points on JT's line and provide solid play on the wing and boards. Will be unspectacular but productive.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Will be replaced by one of the prospects before the all-star game (or we'll all be yelling at Cappy to replace him with one of the prospects).

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Will be replaced by one of the prospects before the all-star game (or we'll all be yelling at Cappy to replace him with one of the prospects).

There are other players who would/should be replaced by a call up before Parenteau (Bailey)

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
65-90 points depending on help from the blue line and chemistry with Ladd.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
One of the best things that PAP was contributing the last time he was here is that he was able to
carry the biscuit through center ice, cross the blue line , pull up, and distribute a pass to a leading forward or a trailing D man . All while having his head up ready to react to anything. The ability to control the puck means JT will not have to dig in the corners as much to create his own chances.
A fresher JT is a great thing. Really like this signing. If Ladd doesn't mesh well he can play on the second line and Lee can move up to first line. PAP and JT will control the zone and Lee could have a career year too. PAP will stay with JT all season.
Playing with Superman at center could really put him in position to have a career year for points if he can keep up. He is a possesion player much like Fransie was.
My prediction for PAP. 18 - 55 - 73.

Let's go islanders!!!!

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Think that 1st line is going to surprise a lot of people in a good way...

I agree.

The last time PAP played with JT he had 67 points. That was with Moulson on LW, and Ladd is better. And JT is better now than he was then. So I don't see 65-ish points for PAP as unreasonable.

HoCk4307

Aug 2, 2005
Figured I'd start a Parenteau thread.

What's everyone's expectations?

More of what we got last time. Bad defense and countless turn overs. Although the occasional stupid, high risk pass will manage to get through and make everyone on here drool. :help:

HoCk4307

Aug 2, 2005
So I guess you only watched him in 2010-11 then.

No I've watched him on the Rangers, on the Islanders, on the Avalance, and on the Leafs. It is Mariusz Czerkawski syndrome. He's a career minus player, and his skill doesn't offset his shortcomings for me.

HoCk4307

Aug 2, 2005
Are you talking about Okposo or PA? Because this statement applies to both.

Agreed, I feel Ladd is an upgrade over Okposo, maybe not as flashy, but being flashy was Kyle's problem much of the time trying to make one more move and losing the puck

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
No I've watched him on the Rangers, on the Islanders, on the Avalance, and on the Leafs. It is Mariusz Czerkawski syndrome. He's a career minus player, and his skill doesn't offset his shortcomings for me.

Holy cow. Mariusz Czerkawski? God, if PA Parenteau had Czerk's quickness and shot he'd be a top-20 scorer, top line winger making 6.5 M AAV. If PA had Czerk's vision, hockey sense and selfishness he'd be pissing off his beer league teammates.

Not. The. Same.

HoCk4307

Aug 2, 2005
Holy cow. Mariusz Czerkawski? God, if PA Parenteau had Czerk's quickness and shot he'd be a top-20 scorer, top line winger making 6.5 M AAV. If PA had Czerk's vision, hockey sense and selfishness he'd be pissing off his beer league teammates.

Not. The. Same.

My point being, we as Islander fans, constantly find our selves enamored with flawed mediocre players, such as Czerkawski, and PA. all the skill in the world does not make up for no brains, and all brains alone cannot make up entirely for lack of skill. Both of these guys have one thing in common. They had their best years while playing for bad teams, because they would get put into situations that benefited them. such as scoring in trash time, or getting carried by a star player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad