Proposal: P. Kane to Carolina

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Thought this kind of deal could make sense for a rebuilding Chicago.

Patrick Kane @7M

for

Nino Neiderreiter
Seth Jarvis
Jack Drury
Jake Bean
2022 1st
2022 2nd

How's the value here?

Replace Jarvis with Suzuki and I'd consider it. This guts the entire top end of the Canes prospect pool. Ultimate "sell the future for the now" which has been the opposite of the Canes front office moves recently.

Jarvis is the kind of piece that Cup contenders need to keep around. Perfect high-end talent on an ELC contract for their current Cup window.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Hawks can retain with no issue, as a hawks fan for this offer we go retain the full max and we accept.
Can also take back dzingel and work a dman in from us.

Reactions: Pertti

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Hawks can retain with no issue, as a hawks fan for this offer we go retain the full max and we accept.

This would likely be needed with Svech and Dougie needing contracts this off-season. From a Canes perspective I’d do the deal based on the retention. Not sure if Dzingle would need to be included with retention though given he’s a UFA this offseason.

A big risk for the Canes to mortgage 3 very good prospects but getting back a ppg player, who should continue to be, costs that much.

I think the Blackhawks may be able to get a more sure thing type prospect back from someone if they retained the max

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
This would likely be needed with Svech and Dougie needing contracts this off-season. From a Canes perspective I’d do the deal based on the retention. Not sure if Dzingle would need to be included with retention though given he’s a UFA this offseason.

A big risk for the Canes to mortgage 3 very good prospects but getting back a ppg player, who should continue to be, costs that much.

I think the Blackhawks may be able to get a more sure thing type prospect back from someone if they retained the max

Understood. I just included dzingel if we sent a dman back to maybe round out the trade a bit more. Just cap wise.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Would Kane even accept a trade to the Canes? I highly doubt it. Yeah, we're looking like a good team just entering its window but Kane strikes me as a guy who wouldn't really care about that too much considering he already has 3 Cups. There are probably only a few teams he'd be willing to go to and we wouldn't be one of them, IMO. And I doubt the Canes are too interested either considering the looming Svech and Hamilton deals.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I would think Kane would only waive for NYC or maybe Tampa ... LA if they were another year or two closer to competing.
There's always Buffalo too as has been mentioned in other threads.
Now that Toews is seemingly .. potentially done the old core has little hope in recapturing the magic again so either settle in as a mentor or move on. I like this deal potentially but again not thinking Kane would waive.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The idea isn’t that far fetched and the Canes are a real possibility to have the assets to pull this off to be honest. Obviously if you retain to that level you get a better deal. The biggest stumbling block like others have mentioned is Kane being willing to be part of it. I hate getting into “this guy has to be included” and “there’s no way this guy can go to the Hawks here”....no one knows what the value would actually be but at 7 million a season you’d assume at least first is in there and some good prospect options. I actually like the quantity over highest quality options for the Hawks here because if they trade Kane it’s obviously fully rebuild time and you need as many young bodies as you can get. You might be better off with a few B’s and picks vs one A and picks.

My main reason against the Hawks doing this is when I’m watching them I can’t help feel with a good goalie and health they’d be a competitive team right now. I watched one of their games and based on how people talked about them I expected much worse. The current lineup can still put some pucks in the net and the next generation of defense looks good. Goaltending and two top nine centers and this team is worth watching imo.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Not a fan to be honest. There isn't a piece there that has a chance to be a difference maker IMO.

You don't think Jarvis has a chance to be a different maker? The guy had a dominant second half to the season. Has Zach Parise upside.

Not to mention two high picks that could absolutely turn into difference makers.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Instead of retaining would they take Gardiner in return as an example?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
that’s about the best deal Chicago will get.
It's actually probably much better than Chicago could ever get considering Kane controls where he goes. But yeah, about his value in a vacuum considering his talent, age and contract.

If they actually end up dealing him to one of the few teams he would accept being dealed to, Hawk fans will be wishing OP's offer was the one.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If you don't know who Seth Jarvis is then you probably shouldn't be giving your opinion....
It's pretty obvious most of them know nothing about most of these players. Jarvis goes top 10 in a weak draft year. Drury, a 2nd rounder, has NHL pedigree and only keeps improving his game every year and is a fringe 1st round talent, and Bean would be playing for most NHL teams by now if he weren't with the Canes, maybe even in a top 4 role for weak defensive teams like the Hawks. Then add a 1st on top. Literally LMAO if Hawks think they will do better than this given Kane's NMC.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Would Kane even accept a trade to the Canes? I highly doubt it. Yeah, we're looking like a good team just entering its window but Kane strikes me as a guy who wouldn't really care about that too much considering he already has 3 Cups. There are probably only a few teams he'd be willing to go to and we wouldn't be one of them, IMO. And I doubt the Canes are too interested either considering the looming Svech and Hamilton deals.

This.

Kane and Toews are both pretty much lifers in Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad