P.K. Subban Said Vegas Is Going To The Finals

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
I know the whole Vegas thing has been beaten to death but i think it's still thread worthy ....In the second intermission i think P.K. sounded confident when he said Vegas is going to the finals....

They're still in a very tough bracket and the Oilers are a different animal this year.......But what are your early takes 3 days into the tournament about the West ?

And what do you guys think about P.K. as an analyst ? I think his personality is tailor made for television.....

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Who cares what he thinks? I mean, they very well may, clearly all things are possible in Vegas. Look at Stone.
Your post may have already answered this question but what do you think of him as an analyst ? I think he's got the swagger for it.....I can respect that he's not afraid to give a bold opinion instead of sitting on the fence (at least on this one)........

Last edited:
Reactions: WhataKnight

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Your post may have already answered this question but what do you think of him as an analyst ? I think he's got the swagger for it.....I can respect that he's not afraid to give a bold opinion instead of sitting on the fence (at least on this one)........
I’ve always found him way to over the top, but I find Biz can be that way as well.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Cool.

It's not a massive reach to predict the cup winner to go to the finals, especially when it's Vegas who's had a lot of sustained success. It wouldn't exactly surprise me, though I wouldn't consider them the favorites at this point.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lol PK did nothing but talk shit about how every opponent had the advantage over Vegas and would win last year and they won.

Now PK is ignoring some massive deficiencies in this Vegas team and saying they'll go all the way to the finals. Love it.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Vegas sucks all of their opponents into playing Golden Knights hockey, they will repeat.

No other team stands a chance unless they stand up and refuse to play their gold knights hockey. As soon as Vegas gets a lead, they just line all five guys back on the blue line like linebackers for the rest of the game.

Reactions: Summer Rose

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Which massive deficiencies? They are better now as compared to the previous year.
I take it you didn't watch game 1. Or much of Vegas' last four months of hockey.

Starting with goaltending, Hill struggled with injuries for a good chunk of the year but when he first came back people were talking about how the only reason he wouldn't be a Vezina candidate was because he hadn't played enough games and people were starting to have hope team Canada could have a strong starter at the Olympics with him in net. After that his performance and confidence tanked to the point that Thompson stole the starting job back after losing it last year. Thompson mostly played well but had some big stinkers like the blowout loss to Arizona and I'd argue two of his goals against last night were incredibly weak, though I can't argue that overall 26 saves on 29 shots was solid.

Defensively, the Knights haven't been anywhere close to the 5 man defensive structure, pressure, and ability to win body/positioning/puck battles they were at last year. That was something that started to develop around January of last year and kept improving right up to the cup win. This was pretty evident last night as Vegas let Dallas come in with some really dangerous unmarked chances in the first two periods before clamping down with turtle hockey. There's been no real improvement to the defensive structure and effort compared to the past and the chances of getting back to that level are pretty slim.

Overall the offense is just not there. Last year Vegas didn't exactly play the high octane kind of relentless offense that Edmonton plays with but they were still pounding away at opposing defenses almost every shift until mistakes led to chances. This year, from game 1 the Knights have played this sort of reserved style of offense that's very focused on limiting errors, looking for optimal plays, and waiting for errors to occur rather than forcing them to. Being limited to 15 shots on goal last night wasn't a surprise to me. It's exactly in line with a continuing issue that hasn't gotten better over time and they were only fortunate that Oettinger has a weak night.

Either way, it's no accident that Vegas ended up as the 8 seed. Throwing in a couple big names on a roster sheet doesn't make ongoing flaws just vanish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad