Confirmed with Link: P.A Parenteau Bought Out

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't hate Ghetto. However, I don't like seeing young players not hustle their butts off. You might say that guys with no talent that can only hustle are not much good and you are right. Talent is needed, but without work ethic, it rarely goes far.

I know that first hand as a National Level coach in two sports.

I'm ok with Ghetto as a callup before Thomas, who works hard but does not accomplish much, but I prefer Hudon, McCarron and Scherbak to Andrighetto as those three combine talent and work ethic.

I could change my mind if Ghetto puts in a solid half-season to full-season in St. John's becoming a reliable hard-working talent.

Andrighetto didn't hustle??

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Andrighetto didn't hustle??

That's right. I would say that at least 80% of guys who get their first shot in the NHL hustle more than he did.

Not only that, but he was called out in Hamilton as well for tkaing things for granted too much.

He is not incorrigible. Let's hope he learns and gets better at this aspect of the game.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Andrighetto was called out by a caveman who said he needed to learn a few things, so who really knows?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That's right. I would say that at least 80% of guys who get their first shot in the NHL hustle more than he did.

Not only that, but he was called out in Hamilton as well for tkaing things for granted too much.

He is not incorrigible. Let's hope he learns and gets better at this aspect of the game.

Lol, no offense, but that 80% number is pulled out straight out of where the sun don't shine.
I think he hustled quite well. From what I recall I was pleased with his performance, but then Therrien being Therrien, he removed him.
Just like Sekac who pretty much everyone was praising him for his battles, puck possession and speed, but then was scratched while we favored a black hole named Bourque.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Lol, no offense, but that 80% number is pulled out straight out of where the sun don't shine.
I think he hustled quite well. From what I recall I was pleased with his performance, but then Therrien being Therrien, he removed him.
Just like Sekac who pretty much everyone was praising him for his battles, puck possession and speed, but then was scratched while we favored a black hole named Bourque.

Sekac hustled. Andrighetto did not. Sekac did not cherry pick, Andrighetto did. Sekac didn't stay out for a minute and a half in his first game, Andrighetto did.

Meanwhile, Hudon has a more complete game than Andrighetto and better IQ and vision. Scherbak and McCarron have more natural talent, being 1st rounders who have developed well. Chances are Ghetto won't make the club full-time this year. Maybe if he learns to up the tempo and improve his D-zone play, he gets a chance in another year, or if there are injuries, and he does better next time.

Just because Therrien may have been unduly harsh on Sekac does not mean that he was unduly harsh on Ghetto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad