Ownership

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I posted this in the "Which team's fan bases are happy with their management?" thread on the main board. I think it's deserving of it's own thread here, as I don't think I've ever seen discussion about this on the Leaf board.

Rogers & Bell are the devil incarnate, and I try to avoid giving these money grubbing fat cats a single dime at all costs. These companies are truly putrid bath scum. Evil, malevolent overlords who overcharge people on their cable, phone, and internet bills as a matter of principle. Then, they force you to spend hours on the phone to fix that extra $5 nearly every single month. Of course, that's nothing compared to nosebleed tickets that run up to almost $100, for a team that's made the playoffs once in 12 years. I hope this is not lost on our fan base, who seem happy to pay out the nose for crap; it's kind of pathetic when you think about it.

A little insight into their business practices: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/08/09/rogers-bandwidth-cap-modem-reddit-photo_n_3727383.html

I feel more than a twinge of shame knowing that I "cheer" for these companies to succeed. It's like Disney buying Star Wars... :rant: :shakehead :rant: :shakehead

Don't get me wrong, I like the hockey moves they've made since buying the team. They've embraced the tank (for now, we'll see what happens if ratings on Rogers tv deal continue to disappoint), and were willing to shell out big bucks for Mike Babcock, which I applaud. It's still hard for me to be a "proud" leaf fan knowing who owns the team.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Cancel your cable then?

Yup, have to agree with this guy. I will be as soon as I can find a way to get everything online.

I also agree with OP that Bell and Rogers are brutal but not for their ownership of the Leafs, they have been surprisingly good - excluding rogers destroying the broadcasts but that's not specifically Leafs related.

Mad Brills*

Did you see what happened with Molson in montreal yesterday? that's when a singular fan as an owner goes wrong.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Well, it's not like there are options. There are few people or businesses in Canada with enough money to throw around to own MLSE.

The two biggest media competitors in the country had to band together to even do it.

I hate Rogers more than the next guy, but seriously what are you gonna do?

Besides that, this is the first ownership in my entire life that been willing to bite the bullet and rebuild the team properly and wasn't irrationally married to short-sighted ********.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Yup, have to agree with this guy. I will be as soon as I can find a way to get everything online.

I also agree with OP that Bell and Rogers are brutal but not for their ownership of the Leafs, they have been surprisingly good - excluding rogers destroying the broadcasts but that's not specifically Leafs related.

Of course not...... :sarcasm:

Toronto
Sports
Network

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
say what u want

but rogers / bell
(they're all the same ****)

is prob the reason we're here
you think a bunch of teachers give a **** about hockey...

nice we owned by a greedy scum rats aka ROBBERS
they want us to win so we can sell them more tickets !

hola hola como se amo put courjeuuu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad